We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Epic Ambulatory Analyst position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat and is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Here’s a description of the position:
Do you want to work for one of the Carolinas’ most respected medical practices? Are you looking for not just a job, but a career? We are looking for you.
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 90 years, and we are looking to add to our team. We are currently looking for an Epic Ambulatory Analyst who will be responsible for designing, configuring, tests, and supporting software products for the EpicCare Ambulatory applications. Functions as a primary contact and expert of the application to troubleshoot problems and issues. Under minimal supervision, analyzes systems and programming requirements, policy/procedure, and training requirements. Key activities include the design, build, validation, and optimization of the clinical workflows within Epic, including orders, SmartTools, etc.
This is a fulltime exempt position and is located in the McAlpine area of Charlotte, NC. Candidates hired for the project will receive FREE training for one the hottest requested certifications in the country! Stop applying for jobs and start towards a career.
As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast – with 18 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 130 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services – we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
Summary of the position:
The Ambulatory analyst designs, configures, tests, and supports software products for the EpicCare Ambulatory applications. Functions as a primary contact and expert of the application to troubleshoot problems and issues. Under minimal supervision, analyzes systems and programming requirements, policy/procedure, and training requirements. Key activities include the design, build, validation, and optimization of the clinical workflows within Epic, including orders, SmartTools, etc. Additional activities include the analysis of vendor issues and new releases to determine how to best adjust workflows and features. Conducts quarterly system testing. Attention to detail is a critical skill for this position as is skilled communication and ability to make decisions both independently and in collaboration with others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform analysis, design, development, and maintenance of the Epic Ambulatory application and related clinical information systems. Configure vendor applications and products. Develop and modify system configurations to meet design requirements and conform to organizational build guidelines and best practices. Proactively identify impact of changes upon other applications and downstream systems.
* Configure and build activity navigators, best practice alerts, Imaging and Procedures Home, MAR workflows, orders, and SmartTools.
* Follow compliance procedures such as obtaining sign-offs before modification of system configuration or migration to production.
* Understand physician, medical assistant, documentation, and other clinical workflows and apply that knowledge into system composition.
* Create and maintain all necessary documentation for application implementation, support, and changes.
* Provide support for the software and related integrated elements. Troubleshoot and track issues and problems. Audit user-entered data.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Proficient in all aspects of design, build, testing, documentation, and best practices of Epic Ambulatory applications.
* Proficient in complex troubleshooting, problem solving, and root cause analysis on development and production support related issues.
* Strong communication and follow-up skills.
* Project management skills.
* Proficient in software applications including Epic Hyperspace, PuTTY, and BMC Track-It! Ticketing system.
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Office 365.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
* 2-3 years of EpicCare Ambulatory analyst experience strongly preferred.
* Experience with the EpicCare Ambulatory module.
* Have strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance to CEENTA standards and applicable laws
* Maintain proficiency in hardware utilized to perform duties
* Able to acquire knowledge through research or self-training when needed.
* Able to demonstrate or acquire in-depth knowledge of Epic Ambulatory and other Epic modules.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage on the first day of employment and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic ambulatory. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.