We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Healthcare IT Manager position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Curry Health Network and is available in Oregon.
Here’s a description of the position:
Under the general direction of the CIO, the Information Services (IS) Manager is responsible for the day-to-day secure and effective operation of all information system services, application systems, networks, computer systems, and related applications within the health district. This includes direct supervision and management of information services staff including the performance of personnel duties. The IS Manager also leads or participates, at the direction or delegation of the CIO, in IS projects, health district committees and/or initiatives.
- Manage all daily operations of the information services and technology organization, including: help desk; data center operations; network and tele-communications operations; daily coordination with technology and application vendors; and end-user devices and computers.
- Directly supervise Information Services staff, including Help Desk and IS analysts, supporting them in the effective execution of their job responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities and duties in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Oversees health district network security planning and data center operations, including: regulatory compliance; disaster planning & business continuity; remote system access & authorization; data integrity, system backup and recovery procedures; and required technology and application system upgrades and maintenance.
- Works closely with users, steering and advisory committees, and CIO to analyze health district network, hardware and application requirements. Reviews and evaluates hardware and software alternatives and recommends solutions or options.
- Evaluates, diagnoses and resolves information services-related operational problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of system hardware, networks and software systems implemented; strives to assess near term opportunities for improvement and required migrations.
- Strives to establish and maintain good working relationships, positive intra- and inter-departmental communications, as well as effective relationships with outside IT service providers.
- Works with CIO to develop and justify annuak bedget requirements and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by the CIO to support the overall needs of the department, and in accordance with Curry Health Network’s Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and practices.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT management and support of healthcare information systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects.
- Experience with IT services performance metrics and benchmarking.
- Experience with IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems as it relates to the healthcare field.
- Requires a high level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Requires a high degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Must have well-developed planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as HITRUST and ITIL.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience as a Health IT Manager. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.