This post is part of the HIM Series of blog posts. If you’d like to receive future HIM posts in your inbox, you can subscribe to future HIM Scene posts here.
One of my favorite people in the HIM world is Rita Bowen. She is currently Vice President, Privacy, Compliance and HIM Policy at MRO, but she has a really impressive HIM resume previous to MRO and a deep understanding of the evolution of HIM and their role in healthcare.
With this experience in mind, I was excited to interview her on the current state of HIM and where HIM is heading in the future. Here are the list of questions I asked Rita if you want to skip to a specific question or you can just watch the full video interview embedded at the bottom of this post.
- What’s the most exciting thing you see happening in HIM?
- What’s the scariest thing people aren’t paying attention to in HIM?
- What’s been the impact of ICD-10?
- How do you see the role of HIM changing in the next 5-10 years?
- Make a big 20 years from now prediction for healthcare…
If you’d like to receive future HIM posts in your inbox, you can subscribe to future HIM Scene posts here.