Improvements Extend Support to 70 Additional Smart Phones and Tablets;
Strengthen Security Compliance; Enable Faster Deployment
TORONTO, Feb. 18, 2011 – Underscoring its leadership in “Connected and Protected” mobile healthcare communications, Diversinet Corp. (TSX Venture: DIV, OTCBB: DVNTF) released a significant upgrade to its MobiSecure® platform, including support of additional mobile devices and introduction of more than 50 new features.
“We have enriched our MobiSecure product suite to support additional mobile devices, including tablets, while making it simpler for healthcare payers and providers and the users they serve to manage mobile health applications,” said Albert Wahbe, Diversinet’s Chairman and CEO.
“Our enhanced offering also enables healthcare organizations to easily achieve HIPAA compliance, as well as more easily and quickly meet ‘meaningful use’ criteria.”
Relying on patented technology, Diversinet offers a single platform supporting multiple applications that help healthcare payers and providers and their users take advantage of the boom in mobile communications to advance healthcare reform by improving service while reducing costs.
Applications encompass case and disease management; storing, accessing and exchanging personal health records; scheduling medical visits and treatments; and reminding patients to take medications and keep appointments.
The upgrade affects the recently renamed MobiSecure Publisher (formerly MobiSecure Wallet and MobiSecure Vault), which facilitates secure, two-way communications and convenient information storage and access, as well as MobiSecure SMS, a handset client that supports secure text-message-based communications.
MobiSecure Publisher now supports 70 additional models of tablets and smart phones, including the latest releases of the Apple iOS and Android-based platforms, as well as BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices. It interoperates with all major mobile and tablet platforms, including Apple, Google, RIM, Microsoft and Java.
Additionally, Diversinet introduced more than 50 new MobiSecure Publisher features and improvements, including:
- Confirmation of delivery, which assures providers that patients have received appointment reminders, thus reducing costs and liability related to missed appointments
- Archiving of user data changes, including storage of information from multiple sources for audit purposes
- Web portals for healthcare providers and patients, enabling Diversinet’s customers to rapidly deploy its products
- An enhanced administration Web interface, which provides simple, quick customization of preferences and data
- Enrichment of the mobile user interface (UI), including addition of counters, image formatting, a virtual keyboard and RSS feeds
Upgrades to MobiSecure SMS include:
- Provider and patient Web portals, enabling Diversinet’s customers to quickly implement its products
- Automatic software update detection and download, using patented technology
- A secure address book for mobile users
The new product enhancements have undergone successful testing for interoperability with wireless carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Rogers, Bell Canada and Telus.
Diversinet will host demonstrations of its products and applications in Booth #778 at HIMSS11, Feb. 20-24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
The new releases of MobiSecure Publisher and MobiSecure SMS are available now for production deployments. For information about pricing or sales, visit www.diversinet.com.
Diversinet Corp. (TSX Venture: DIV, OTCBB: DVNTF) provides a patented and proven secure application platform that enables healthcare organizations to rapidly deploy HIPAA-compliant mobile healthcare (mHealth) applications to anyone, anytime, anywhere, on mobile devices. Diversinet’s MobiSecure® platform helps payers and providers meet growing needs for safe, convenient, on-the-go storage and sharing of personal health data. Connect with Diversinet Corp. at www.diversinet.com. Its tagline is “Healthcare. Connected and Protected.”