- Encounter for screening for COVID-19 Z11.52
- Contact with and (suspect) exposure to COVID-19 Z20.822
- Personal history of COVID-19 Z86.16
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS) (M35.81)
- Multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS) M35.89
- Pneumonia due to coronavirus disease 2019 J12.82
Obviously, it’s important that every EHR vendor get these codes updated so that clinicians can start using the codes. Unfortunately, these codes are going to be very popular for a while to come. Hopefully, less than I think.
While I’ll continue to watch for the latest ICD-10 Updates from the CDC, I’m even more interested in seeing what CPT changes there will be for telehealth. That’s going to really determine the future of telehealth.