We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Telehealth Systems Analyst position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Valley Health and is located in Virginia.
Here’s a description of the position:
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
Telehealth Systems Analyst leads technical aspects, knowledge, and skills in the provision, management, and support of telehealth care delivery platforms. In collaboration with IT, maintains a stable telehealth environment that is secure and reliable. Works closely with clients to troubleshoot and correct problems relating to applications and assists with conversions to and implementations of software products, as well as telehealth peripherals. Is proactive in identifying enterprise wide application requirements and communicating solutions to its clients. Functions in an enterprise wide manner, and promotes enterprise wide standardization. Concisely communicates concepts to team members and clients with varying levels of computer understanding. Uses operational expertise to seek out, research, evaluate, and propose solutions to provide clients with high quality, efficient products.
System Administration & Technical Support
• Functions as a system super user to provide general systems administration and support of telehealth platforms, applications, and devices.
• Gains a working knowledge of telehealth clinical workflows to triage issues correctly and provide excellent customer service to clinicians.
• Supports the end user, informatics, and others in resolving telemedicine related issues, which includes the monitoring, tracking, and resolution of service tickets. This may include an on-call rotation during day, evening and/or weekend hours.
• Identifies, tracks, and responds to enhancement requests, and assists in the prioritization and implementation of these platform changes.
• Appropriately escalates issues impacting patient care and is accountable for collaborating with IT and others to resolve issues.
• Establishes protocols to track technical effectiveness and failures; implements improvement plans as needed. Project Coordination or Management
• Serves as the technical lead for coordinating corporate and regional IT teams to implement technical aspects of telehealth services.
• Supports Clinical Trainers, Clinical Informatics, Telehealth Program Manager, and others in the successful setup, testing, and training of staff using telehealth technologies.
• Leads telehealth system upgrades and implementation plans. Coordinates with others to develop and execute test plan, communicates with stakeholders and system users. System Design & Development
• Serves as the system liaison and expert on Telehealth technologies. Works with stakeholders in the development of telehealth initiatives to understand the use case needs, develop requirements, and design appropriate solutions.
• Maintains an excellent, comprehensive understanding of telehealth platforms, software, and devices in use. Identifies opportunities and implements plans for improving workflow, patient and provider experience, and cost savings by consolidating duplicative technologies.
• Responsible for design and implementation of standard technologies used to deliver telehealth services that are scalable, well supported, and financially sustainable.
• Researches, evaluates, and makes recommendations on new telehealth technologies that help achieve program and strategic goals.
• Provides guidance and recommendations to telehealth management and IS staff to resolve issues involving conflicting telehealth equipment and systems.
What You Will Bring:
Bachelor’s degree in related field or direct and applicable work experience required
Three (3) Years PC & Peripheral device support required
Three (3) Years IT experience working for healthcare system/provider/company preferred
One (1) Years prior experience serving in a system administrator or super user role preferred
Experience with telehealth applications and peripherals/devices preferred
Experience working in a 24/7 healthcare environment preferred
Experience with Cisco Webex, Jabber, Vidyo or similar video conferencing or unified communications systems preferred
Experience with or working knowledge of Epic preferred
Certification & Licensures
Valid drivers license required
Strong knowledge of a broad range of computing topics including networking, hardware and software evaluation, systems management & upgrades, client/server architecture, encryption and security, video conferencing peripherals, testing, training, implementation, troubleshooting, and general operation of PC, Mac, iOS, and Android platforms.
Strong communication and collaboration skills with ability to effectively communicate complex technology concepts to diverse audiences.
Ability to learn new systems quickly.
Collaboration with cross departmental teams.
Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a pro-active solution focused manner. Understanding of cloud computing.
Understanding of information security principles.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with telehealth sysetms. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.