We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Support Services Lead positions that were recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by QuadMed in Wisconsin.
Here’s a description of the position:
The Support Services Lead is responsible for providing supervision, leadership, vision and strategic direction for the QuadMed IT Support Services group which provides End User Technical Support for QuadMed administrative and clinical end users, as well as the Support Operations team which provides second level support.
- Apply sound and logical problem-solving methodologies to resolve issues. Accurately draw conclusions based on their experience and depth of knowledge to make connections between seemingly unrelated issues for proper follow-through. Mentor other associates in problem solving. Escalate to other support channels as required.
- Lead and supervise the Helpdesk and Operations groups which includes individual career path management, goal management, development/training and task/project prioritization and other admin duties.
- Establish and deliver on Support Service Levels to meet or exceed requirements of internal and external customers of QuadMed systems and infrastructure. Work with Support Service group to build Raving Fans through exemplary service and follow through. Take ownership of all QuadMed support tickets and work with internal IT support resources and internal and external Level III support to ensure issues continue to progress to timely resolution.
- Establish clear goals and directions; set stretch objectives; distribute the workload appropriately; lay out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintain two-way dialogue with others on work and results; bring out the best in people; provide clear communication.
- Manage projects, coordinate the priorities of a group, and work with business stakeholders to determine, scope and prioritize business improvement initiatives. Accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects for themselves and for the team; set objectives and goals; break down work into the process steps; develop schedules and task/people assignments; anticipate and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measure performance against goals; evaluate results. Switch gears from answering calls, to assisting Reps, to responding to emails – all while moving support issues forward.
- Manage, measure and improves the work of the Support Services Group. Analyze call/ticket resolution process including resolution steps, efficiencies, durations, escalation, re-assignments, etc. and communicate through reports as appropriate. Assess ticket resolution for compliance to process and effectiveness of process and efficiency of associates. Intervene as necessary to resolve and provide constructive improvements. Analyze call logs for trends, resource planning, etc.
- Make recommendations for Support Services SOP modifications/improvements. Work intra-departmentally to assist in the definition and support of SOP’s. Maintain/Update SLA’s.
- Work within required tools on a regular basis to ensure consistency and efficiency in process and accurate project/work prioritization.
- Identify trends within issues reported by users, triage the situation and take appropriate short-term corrective action. Lead the effort for long term corrective action with intra department and other business groups.
- Working with IT Managers/Director on continued development and implementation of IT change management policies and procedures.
- Corporate QuadMed and the IT clinic systems
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor degree in IT or Associate degree in IT with equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience on a Help Desk, and/or Support Services field, with experience in a healthcare environment highly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Epic Security Certification required within 6 months of hire
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- At least one year of people management experience
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to troubleshoot problems and come up with viable solutions.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Project management skills, process management skills and organization and multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player and interface with all levels of workforce with a high degree of professionalism.
- Discretion – in medical environment where personal health information (PHI) exists. Must adhere to QuadMed’s privacy and security policies, compliant with HIPAA/HITECH and other federal and state laws.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with or within an ITIL environment
- Experience with IT general controls and change management
- Leadership experience within a healthcare environment highly preferred
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic Help Desk and Support Services. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.