We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) positions that were recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Covered California in Sacramento, California.
Here’s a description of the position:
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset. Our employees are the vital link that ensures that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We have a variety of career fields that help make a difference in the lives of Californians, and we’re looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Do you have significant leadership experience managing or leading diverse Information Security teams including direct and matrixed employees and contractors? Do you have experience directing Security Incident Response Teams and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on information security practices, procedures, and policies? Do you have extensive enterprise cybersecurity experience and knowledge of information security tools and Security Information Event Management?
Covered California is seeking a Chief Information Security Officer. Under the administrative direction of the Chief Information Officer, the Information Technology Manager II (ITM II), Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), oversees the Information Security Office. Develops and maintains information security policies for Covered California that incorporate applicable federal, state, local, and industry legal, statutory, and regulatory requirements. Ensures that personally identifiable information is protected with operational, administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to ensure its confidentiality, integrity, and availability, and to prevent unauthorized or inappropriate access, use, or disclosure. Ensures ongoing monitoring, assessments, and other methods are in place and updated to report and mitigate non-adherence, and oversees staff who serve as the primary liaison with federal, state, and internal auditors for audits of information security controls. This position serves under the domain of Information Security Engineering.
The classification for this role is an Information Technology Manager II (ITM II).
- Current Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Certification, or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience managing or leading diverse Information Security teams including direct and matrixed employees and contractors.
- Experience directing Security Incident Response Teams and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on information security practices, procedures, and policies.
- 7+ years of enterprise cybersecurity or relevant information technology experience. Current knowledge of Information Security/cybersecurity tools and Security Information Event Management (SIEM).
- Knowledge of Federal and State information security policies, standards, principles, practices, and frameworks. (SAM 5300 – NIST 800-53).
- Current knowledge and experience in Information Security Risk Assessments, Security Assessments, and managing risk mitigations including management of Plan of Actions & Milestones (POAM’s).
- Experience and ability to effectively demonstrate exceptional communication skills; experience developing and presenting Executive-level reports, presentations, and general communications.
- Demonstrated interest in and desire to stay up-to-date in a rapidly changing cybersecurity domain.
EITHER – PATTERN 1
- One year of experience as an Information Technology Manager I
OR – PATTERN 2
- Seven years of information technology experience performing a variety of progressively responsible technical, analytical, supervisory, or managerial tasks in support of computer systems or services in one or more of the major six domains or a closely related or emerging information technology field. At least three years of experience shall include performance of highly specialized work in a lead capacity on highly complex or specialized information technology systems or services, or in a progressively responsible supervisory or managerial capacity over highly complex or specialized information technology systems or services.
- A master’s or doctorate degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for four years of the required general information technology experience. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for three years of the required general information technology experience. An associate degree from an accredited college may substitute for one year of the required general information technology experience. Only one degree may be used for substitution. (When using education to meet minimum qualifications, education must include 15 semester units (or 22.5 quarter units) of information technology or closely related course work.)
Covered California provides incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: http://hbex.coveredca.com/jobs/benefits/
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range.
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective July 1, 2020, through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month.
Application Deadline: Monday, 11/2/2020 @ 11:59pm PST
If you have any questions regarding the application process and/or are interested in learning more about this position, please contact us at Careers@covered.ca.gov.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience as a CISO. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.