We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Epic Principal Instructional Designer / Trainer positions that were recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by QuadMed in Wisconsin.
Here’s a description of the position:
Nearly thirty years ago, QuadMed was born out of the idea that health care should be simple. By providing employers and their employees with quality onsite and near-site primary care, with a focus on wellness and prevention, we make a culture of health and well-being possible. Our caregivers working as a team, and with ample appointment times, have the opportunity to build meaningful patient relationships that produce measurable health improvement results. We’re proud to be a nationally recognized leader committed to transforming health care for the better. At QuadMed you can showcase your skills and your passion for patient care.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
QuadMed is seeking an Epic Principal Trainer to be based out of our Sussex, WI office. The Epic Principal Trainer will work with all areas of Revenue Cycle, from the front-desk processes of registration and scheduling to the back-end processes of billing, claims, and remittances. The Epic Principal Trainer is responsible for the instructional design of the Epic training curriculum for his/her assigned application(s). In addition, the Principal Trainer builds, tests, and maintains the Epic training environment as needed; assists in developing and maintaining training policies & procedures; and provides classroom, skills labs, and one-on-one core orientation to staff for the assigned application(s). The Principal Trainer supports ongoing Training and Development initiatives and acts as the Voice Of the Customer for End Users as a part time practitioner in our Health and Wellness Centers helping drive innovation and adoption.
- Utilize continuous quality improvement principles to develop, revise and maintain course curricula and supporting training materials for respective application for end users and new hire training. Materials include but not limited to: learning objectives, course outlines, assessments, storyboards, instructor manuals, and participant materials. Maintain consistency and alignment of curriculum at an enterprise level.
- Be the Voice Of the Customer to drive the continuous improvement and innovation into the curriculum, build, features and workflows. Work within our health centers on a regular basis as an immersive end user experience and collaborate with the team and business partners to set priority, implement, train and deploy.
- Maintain partnership with analysts, operational leaders, subject matter experts, operational excellence and training team members to stay at center of changes in assigned Epic application(s) and incorporate updates to ensure all training reflects build, updated functionality, current operational workflows, policies and procedures.
- Proactively assist with testing of new build and functionality to help ensure quality of our environment, ensure we are meeting intent of user requirements as well as gain a firsthand understanding of upcoming changes.
- Coordinate and implement training and refresher training as needed for CT’s and End Users.
- Assist with the identification and coordination with end users including clinicians and corporate staff (Nursing, Physicians, Pharmacy, RCM, etc.) to review curriculum. Complete a formal annual review of all training materials to evaluate the quality of content and consistency of training materials across all Epic modules. Design robust evaluation methods for training programs.
- Deconstruct defined clinician workflows into specific tasks and steps and incorporate into clear, concise training materials, job aids and other documentation for use during clinical information systems training, implementations and new functionality releases. Maintain sound knowledge of how the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and associated modules are situated in the workflow of clinicians and others within healthcare. May be called upon to analyze existing daily operations as they relate to training decisions.
- Maintain tip sheets to educate on the difference between Foundation Training Environment and the Production Environment. Troubleshoots software problems within the training environment as appropriate and seeks Epic support as needed via direct contact or through submission of issue tickets.
- Build and configure, test, and maintain the training environment within defined timeframes. Troubleshoots software problems within the training environment as appropriate and seeks Epic support as needed via direct contact or through submission of issue tickets.
- Train and credential Credentialed Trainers on assigned clinical application(s), as needed to meet internal training demands for end-user training. Re-train existing Credentialed Trainers to keep them current. Assists other trainers and clinical leaders in understanding new end user functionality contained within system releases.
- Research and stay current with best practices for adult learning theory while designing materials. Stays abreast of changes in assigned Epic application(s) and updates training materials as necessary.
- Partner with stakeholders to collectively determine appropriate platform for training delivery based on the audience and clinical needs and the appropriate sequence of learning content. Develop interactive, blended learning solutions to support the most effective and appropriate use of our clinical applications including demos and presentation.
- Participate on committees and ad hoc work groups, as requested, to provide input on the development of training materials and educational activities for various organizational initiatives that involve assigned Epic application(s).
- Support all QuadMed health and wellness centers and Corporate. Requires the ability to travel on an overnight basis to obtain specific training, provide clinical care in health and wellness centers or to support training events. May be asked to pursue PT certification in multiple Epic applications as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or commensurate professional experience.
- Graduate from an accredited medical assistant program or a graduate from an accredited nursing program preferred.
- Experience with instructional design and hands on training required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification in at least one of the following: Patient Access (Cadance, Prelude, Referrals); Resolute Professional Billing.
- Certification in assigned Epic applications required within 3 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Organization and time management skills in planning and executing
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present training materials, provide instruction, guide end users and evaluate feedback
- A working understanding of clinical terminology and clinician workflow processes
- Ability to build trusting relationships and collaborate effectively with colleagues and other departments
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.