We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Senior Applications Analyst positions that were recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Alameda Health System in California.
Here’s a description of the position:
Job Description: Job Family: AHS – Information Technology
Job Title: Sr. Electronic Health Records Application Analyst
Job Summary: Implements, supports and maintains Epic clinical and/or financial applications.
> Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and
abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Information Technology.
Preferred Experience: Prior Epic implementation experience; experience with clinical applications in either
inpatient or outpatient setting; experience with revenue cycle applications or patient access services.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university.
Required Experience: Six years Information Technology experience within a multi-entity, healthcare environment.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Current Epic certification or attainment of Epic certification within six months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to proactively evaluate, problem solve independently, or escalate when warranted.
- Act in an appropriate and professional manner as defined by the company’s Standards of Behavior, Policy and Procedures, and Scope of Services.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Current office administrative practices and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management, organizational, prioritization, analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal, presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Role model AHS Standards of Behavior.
- Use independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Representation Status: ACMEA
Sr. Electronic Health Records Application Analyst
- Advise leadership in the development of strategies for EHR implementation and improvements of AHS workflow processes.
- Function effectively and independently with minimal direction.
- Guides end users in ongoing training during all phases of implementation.
- Identifies issues that arise in assigned application area as well as issues that impact other application teams.
- Leads workflow design discussions, building and testing the system and analyzing associated issues.
- Manipulate complex, confidential data – with minimal direction.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Proactively advise senior leaders of obstacles and impediments to maintaining schedules and milestones.
- Provide subject matter expertise to team as needed. Assists management during employee orientation.
- Recommends strategy, plans, and alternatives to the senior leader proactively.
- Reviews the status of deliverables, issues and milestones with leadership.
- Serves as a liaison between end users’ workflow needs and Epic implementation staff.
*****PLEASE NOTE: OUR IT TEAM IS CURRENTLY WORKING REMOTELY PER CDC AND ALAMEDA COUNTY SHELTER IN PLACE MANDATE, HOWEVER, ONCE S.I.P. MANDATES ARE LIFTED, THE IT TEAM IS EXPECTED TO RETURN ONSITE, BUT WILL ACCOMMODATE SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS PER LOCAL AND STATE REGULATIONS.*****
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.