We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER ANALYST III position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Natividad and is in California.
Here’s a description of the position:
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER ANALYST III
Natividad is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Systems Programmer Analyst III position in the Information Systems department. This positions will evaluate, configure, install, modify, update, maintain and troubleshoot computer application platforms and peripherals for system performance, reliability, and availability, and consults with departments to evaluate the need for automated technology to meet customer needs. The incumbents may configure, produce, and execute system utility programs, configure and install operating system software, and configure, tune and install application software and perform other work as required.
Examples of Duties:
- Analyzes system operational requirements, (a) builds utilities, tools, and routines to meet those requirements, (b) resolves single – event issues and (c) ensures inter-product compatibility. Manages, coordinates and implements concurrent projects that typically are medium to high risk, include multiple departments and new technologies and have a significant financial or operational impact on key business processes.
- Consults with clients, other departments, department staff, vendors, and technical support personnel to (a) determine customer application platform hosting needs and functions, (b) propose application platform configurations to meet customer needs, and (c) determine operating procedures and systems design to ensure system performance meets user requirements.
- Conducts feasibility studies, including cost benefit analyses, to determine appropriate and cost-effective application hosting solutions and to assist in evaluating long-range office automation, information processing, and communications technology needs. Recommends automation hardware, peripherals, and software necessary to implement system design.
- Prepares systems specifications and bid proposals and assist in analysis of bids.
- Interacts with vendors, staff and clients to clarify and resolve application technical operational and management issues/needs.
- Installs, tests, and updates system software and departmentally developed or third-party application software products for delivery over proprietary, local, and wide area computer networks.
- Provides technical support and expertise to evaluate and recommend resolution of difficult technical system problems.
- Evaluates and configures systems for system performance and serviceability, reliability, availability, and performs operational requirement studies within a system environment context, and recommends enhancements or changes to the system configuration to maintain optimum system performance and utility.
- Writes user guides, system standards, and technical system documentation.
- May produce, text, and execute utility programs using advanced system language.
- Plan, develops, and implements backup and recovery procedures for large complex systems which may involve multiple platforms.
- Monitors and analyzes application platform processor and storage capacity utilization. Prepares plans and recommendations for capacity modifications to meet changing utilization trends.
- Keeps abreast in current application platform developments, system technology, and trends.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating his/her knowledge of:
- The capabilities, limitations and principles of systems and peripherals; the principles, methods and procedures used in system capacity and performance evaluation; mathematical and statistical methods applicable to the analysis and evaluation of system performance.
- Techniques and methods of systems analysis and design; computer system configuration and configuration management concepts; the basic principles and techniques of computer programming and code development; the basic principles and techniques of data networks and their relationship to Monterey County network operational components; the principles and techniques of system administration; security methods for managing confidential data; problem diagnosis and troubleshooting techniques to evaluate system failures and prescribe corrective action; application backup and recovery concepts and methods.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and ability to: Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships; read, understand, interpret and apply complex technical manuals, computer dumps, memory displays, charts and graphs; follow oral and written instructions; work independently under limited supervision, exercise initiative within established procedural guidelines; organize and prioritize work to meet established deadlines; and write clear and concise systems specifications, bid proposals, operating and training manuals, and technical standards and documentation.
Minimum qualifications include completion of a four year degree in Computer Science or closely related filed with emphasis in theory and practice of using computer equipment AND three years of professional level computer operating systems software support experience equivalent to that of a Systems Programmer Analyst II in Monterey County. Two years of experience must include project management and/or lead supervision OR seven years of experience in systems analysis, computer programming or operations.
Desirable qualifications include working knowledge of the availability and capability of third-party systems software and utilities; installation parameters and options for typical application solution packages and their resultant impacts on overall system performance; established hospital information technology architecture plans and directions.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience as a systems programmer analyst in healthcare. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.