We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Manager Healthcare Provider Data position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Tower Health and is available in Pennsylvania.
Here’s a description of the position:
Reading Hospital – Tower Health is seeking a Manager of Healthcare Provider Data to join our Managed Care team in West Reading, PA. Be inspired to improve patient experience through a career with Tower Health. In this multi-faceted role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with internal and external teams, functioning as a liaison with IT and technology partners. This is a newly created position, offering abundant opportunities for growth within the team and organization. Qualified candidates will preferably have experience with Cactus or Symplr systems. Less than 90 minutes from Philadelphia, West Reading offers a vibrant downtown, affordable housing and excellent schools.
Manager, Provider Data
The Manager is responsible for the management of the Cactus/Symplr data bases and data analytics for Tower Health Enrollment, Tower Health PPO and Tower Health Partners. The Manager will work with the Provider Data and Credentialing team and partner with our technology partners and other business partners to understand and identify areas in need of process improvement and automation.
The Manager will assess and recommend improvements to operational process flows within the Provider Data Space including: reporting and metrics around provider enrollment, provider data quality, provider directories and Credentialing. Additionally, this person will assume responsibilities for planning and managing project schedules, producing financial metrics and KPIs and metrics for the managers and director of the credentialing team.
Also will also be responsible for producing ad hoc and scheduled reports for the department and other business partners and deliver solutions that ensure compatibility and integration with system strategies.
- Manage Implementation and support of Cactus/Symplr and any other external software that integrate directly to the operating system.
- Work with Medical Staff Data Analytics Manager in the deployment of HL7 module to integrate Cactus/Symplr and Morrisey systems.
- Identify and document current workflows and processes and asses these processes for improvement and efficiency.
- Work closely with Director and Managers of enrollment and PPO to identify best practices for data storage and use of available data fields.
- Produce weekly and monthly metrics to track Provider Data Management and Credentialing KPIs
- Partner with IT as the lead for Provider Data Management to define requirements and use cases to support business needs, enhancements and to support new business and IT initiatives to improve automation, provider data quality and more
- Produce ad hoc and regularly scheduled provider reports and metrics for leadership, business partners, and regulatory compliance as needed.
- Perform root cause analysis on provider data issues impacting both internal and external customers; i.e. discrepancies found in data we send on extracts to other consumers (claims and auth databases; directory extracts)
- Both participate in and lead cross functional workgroups
- Experience with Cactus/Symplr backend and front-end software preferred, or other Credentialing / Enrollment software
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Data Analytics, Informatics or comparable field or a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 3-5 years relevant experience as data, systems or reporting analyst.
- Preferred analytical experience in either IT, Healthcare IT or Finance domains.
- Proficient in MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & SQL
- Skilled with writing advanced Excel formulas and functions, graphs, dashboards
- Proficient in Crystal Reports
- Healthcare payor and provider exposure is a plus (Provider systems, credentialing, claims processing, clinical delivery, member and provider management, etc.)
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to act as lead project manager, ensuring milestones are met by timeline
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with healthcare provider data. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.