We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Sr. EHR Application Specialist: EpicCare Ambulatory position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by SSM Health and is in Missouri.
Here’s a description of the position:
Need following certs: Ambulatory Additional ones: MyChart & Order Transmittal. Working with Providers and understanding what their clinical documentation needs are. Comparing what we already have and what is needed and identifying the gap. All of the application configurations that goes along with that. Teaming with other application specialists and researching the best practices and recommendations. Consulting with Epic and what the impact would be. Working with the comittee to determine viability of the request. Review this with a group of providers. Analysis and a technical assessment. Bring able to collaborate with many groups to determine the maximum benefit for the impact. Just networking and word of mouth. Indeed and Ladders. Careful listening and heavily document what is written and verbally in a manner that is logical and clear.
- Conducts business, technical and workflow analysis in order to align with application solutions that meet operational business goals and objectives. Translates business requirements into functional specifications for software solutions. Reviews issues and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services in an enterprise wide manner. Stays informed of emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with end users to understand the workflow and its application dependencies to make corrective changes and improvements. Primary responsibility for the technical components of the workflow.
- Supports the planning, design, development, and build of supported applications and systems. Leads and coordinates system testing both unit and integrated. Maintains and updates documentation of system procedures. Interprets internal / external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes, or services.Takes ownership of personal growth.
- Provides input in training design and development and may assist in training execution for projects, updates or upgrades. Primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance, support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call / after-hours support schedules.
- Applies project management principles to create project plans for routine to moderately complex projects meeting milestones and timeframes. Creates tasks, work estimates and recommends assignments. Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex application issues and escalates appropriately to application leads and manager. May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risks, and complexity.
- Performs cost benefit and return on investment analysis for proposed application solutions that assist leaders in making decisions on options and timelines. Reviews and analyzes efficiency of existing systems and develops plans for maintaining and leveraging current systems.
- Serves as an IT liaison for basic and complex technical implementations and upgrades with business operations, system users and vendors. Delivers project objectives, coordination, problem resolution, and issue resolution escalating to leadership and vendor.
- Interacts with leadership, physicians and system users to identify and define problems, providing resolutions related to equipment, applications, networks, and functions. Communicates difficult concepts. Collaborates to a decision while maintaining a positive relationship with the customer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision. Experience in instructing, guiding and mentoring other team members. Ability to adapt to fast changing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of computer operating platforms and applications.
- Experience using analytical skills to make recommendations based on data analysis and business needs.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite or similar products and experience. Ability to prepare, import and manipulate information in spreadsheets and databases.
- Multitasks and works effectively in multiple simultaneous projects by setting appropriate priorities and completing work in a thorough and timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate technical concepts in a business friendly manner while maintaining collaboration and inspiring trust. Ability to communicate with key leaders and cross functional groups. Experience working with clinical and technical customers, vendors, peers and management.
- Knowledge in the use of project management and change management software, tools and methodologies. Experience demonstrating the ability to follow change management processes including impacts to third party applications and customer workflow and experience.
- Bachelors degree preferred, alternate applicable education and direct relevant work experience will be considered.
- 5 years of experience in information technology, applications and related business experience that includes end user experience. Including functioning as the interface between operational and technical experts. Experience to include providing operational support for systems and analyzing business processes.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with EpicCare Ambulatory. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.