We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the EHR Specialist position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Melissa Memorial Hospital and is in Colorado.
Here’s a description of the position:
The EHR Clinical Support Specialist serves as the primary point of contact for providers and clinical staff for the Electronic Health Records(EHR) system. This includes supporting providers and clinical staff through troubleshooting assistance, technical training and education, workflow validation, and identifying opportunities to increase and optimize utilization of the EHR. The EHR Clinical Support Specialist is expected to communicate effectively and to coordinate and utilize all clinical aspects of the EHR as well as serve as a liaison between providers/clinical staff, IT and the EHR vendor in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. This position is responsible for ensuring a positive customer/user experience.
· Develop an expert level understanding of all clinical aspects of the EHR application in order to optimize and implement the full use and capabilities of the EHR system.
· Build collaborative relationships with providers and clinical staff
· Provide EHR support via face-to-face interaction, IM, email and/or phone
· Assist users with submitting help requests to CSC, submit CSC requests on behalf of users as needed and monitor submitted help requests for resolution
· Make regular rounds within the facility to inquire of any issues, seek input for change,and observe workflows
· Work closely with providers, clinical superusers and other clinical staff to identify opportunities for increasing utilization and enhancing the workflow within the EHR through development of clinical content, templates, order sets,text macros, etc.
· Use athena’s Resource Hub to recommend enhancements based upon evaluation and feedback from users
· Provide communication of system upgrades and/or enhancements to ensure an effective flow of information throughout the organization
· Develop and distribute training materials including presentations, hand-outs, training aids, documentation, etc.
· Conduct training presentations to large audiences, small role-specific groups and/or one-on-one training
· Ensures new providers and clinical staff receive requisite training of the EHR application
· Conduct yearly refresher trainings for all providers and clinical staff
· Work independently with general instruction and broad work expectations
· Organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
· Create reports and documentation as assigned
· Work with IT Director and other facility staff in planning and implementation of clinical IT projects and services
· Assist IT Director with EHR related policy and procedure development and review
· Associates Degree in healthcare related area; or equivalent education, training and experience PLUS
o Two(2) years’ experience providing EHR support to clinical staff OR
o Two(2) years’ experience working in a clinical setting with daily use of an electronic health record.
· Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related area; or equivalent education, training and experience
· Five(5) years’ experience providing EHR support to clinical staff OR five (5)years’ experience working in a clinical setting with daily use of an electronic medical record.
· Experience developing EHR clinical content, templates, documents, and work flow analysis
· Experience in managing a training program, knowledge of structured training concepts and techniques, personal experience as a training instructor, and the confidence and ability to apply this knowledge to technical topics in a medical setting
· Experience with athenahealth EHR
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with EHR Clinical Support. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.