We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Epic Project Manager position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Cordea Consulting and is available in Oklahoma.
Here’s a description of the position:
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience implementing Epic in a multi-facility healthcare system
- Previous end-to-end experience in a project management role leading a medium to large scale Epic Software implementation, including the full life cycle from planning through go-live
- Experience with one or more of the following areas related to Epic system: Physicians Workgroup, Clinical Content & Workflow, Education and Training, Revenue Cycle, Inpatient and Ambulatory System Build
- Ability to travel 80-100% to Central location
Highly Preferred Experience:
- Epic Certification in relevant subject areas
- Knowledge of EPIC in a Behavioral Health environment
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Healthcare Management, or related field
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Manager will be part of a collaborative team responsible for the successful implementation of Epic applications.
- Work directly with the Program Director and the Epic implementation team to achieve an integrated implementation.
- Provide leadership for one or more of the following areas related to Epic system: Physicians Workgroup, Clinical Content & Workflow, Education and Training, Revenue Cycle, Inpatient and Ambulatory System Build.
- Provide coaching and direction to specified Workgroup team.
- Coordinate build team resources activities with clinical operations to ensure the clinical perspective is integrated into the validation sessions, design, build and testing of the new solution.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration including management of project workplan to ensure on-time completion of deliverables and achievement of milestones.
- Manage project timelines and daily tasks and lead project team in successful execution of the plan.
- Manage issue resolution and risk mitigation to ensure issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate forums for resolution.
- Identify barriers to project success and support risk management planning.
- Provide Resource Management and create Workgroup-specific project resource plan.
- Facilitate review and approval process with Process Lead and Program Director.
- Provide Vendor Management including respective consultants and contractors.
- Monitor project status taking action to prevent timeline slippage, meet project budget, and provide formal status reports.
- Communicate status/progress to leadership groups to assure key decisions are identified.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates.
- Project Manager will report directly to the Program Director and have a collaborative partnership with Process Lead and related Clinical Operations Lead.
- Must bring positive energy to the position
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace healthcare environment
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Clear commitment to the project
- Focus on accountability
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Maintain professional attitude and performance
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic Project Management. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.