We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Prelude/Grand Central Analyst III position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Texas Health Resources and is in Texas.
Here’s a description of the position:
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire an Application Systems Analyst – EPIC III – Prelude/Grand Central to work full time in their IT Business Applications Department.
The address is 500 East Border Street, Arlington, TX, 76010.
Salary range is Minimum $41.71 /hr. to Maximum $64.52/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Full Time; 1st Shift
The Applications Systems Analyst Epic III is responsible for design, build, test, implementation and ongoing maintenance and support of applications and related information technologies. This role serves as a build mentor to other team ASAs on
projects, initiatives and diagnosis of failure when needed.
This role provides consulting services on how to integrate information technologies into clinical and business processes and the effective application of industry and organizational technology standards.
- Build of applications to meet user requirements for new and optimized workflows in designated applications and systems.
- Communicates with customer, project team and vendors in a timely manner, with little or no supervision, in the analysis and design of business and clinical requirements for new and optimized application and system workflows, as well as ensuring secure and stable architectures are in place.
- Diagnosis of failures encountered in application software and related technologies. Participation in the resolution of problems and issues associated with installed applications and related information technologies.
- Quality control of all application implementations/enhancements prior to release to customers as well as ongoing maintenance and support as required by application life cycle.
- Maintains an awareness of vendor and industry developments/plans in area(s) of responsibility, communication and documentation of all relevant items and activities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Clinical Discipline or related field preferred
- 7 years of Prelude/Grand Central build experience with no degree
- 5 years of Prelude/Grand Central build experience with an Associate’s Degree
- 3 year of Prelude/Grand Central build experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
License and Certifications:
- EPIC Certification or Proficiency within 6 months required
- Certified in Prelude/Grand Central highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and customer relationship skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of healthcare client organization.
- Highly organized.
- Experience with documentation, workflow design, and build configuration of area of specialty.
- Knowledge of clinical environments is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop a trusted relationship with the client during the implementation process.
- The ability to work collaboratively with teams of all sizes as well as independently with little to no supervision.
- PC skills required.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Ability to serve as a team mentor and unofficial or official supervisor to other team analysts on projects, initiatives and diagnosis of failure when needed.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights:
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4th year in a row)
- Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018, 2019)
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic Prelude / Grand Central. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.