We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Utilization Management Project Manager position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by HealthTECH Resources and is in California.
Here’s a description of the position:
HealthTECH Resources is seeking a Utilization Management Project Manager for a contract position in CA. To be considered for this role you must have 5 or more years of Senior-level Managed Care program and project management experience within Claims, UM/CM, PBM, or Medicaid/Medicaid.
- Start date: ASAP
- Length of Engagement: Through 12/31/19
- On-Site Work only (no remote)
Utilization Management Project Manager Primary Duties
- Plans and oversees 90 day Utilization Management work plan to completion: documents identified scope and objectives; deliverables and established schedules and timelines; documents number of project resources and skill level of necessary resources; assigns work to the project team; monitors budget constraints and internal customer satisfaction levels with project status.
- Provides technical advice and recommendations regarding the creation or modifications of policies, procedures, enhancements, and acquisition of information systems, software, and services to internal customers; advises on project feasibility and recommends solutions to business owners if projects have material deviations from the project plan.
- Meets with internal customers to document and establish production goals, priorities, and major work schedules for information technology and utilization management projects.
- Develops project plans and documents status of projects: including timelines, schedules, process work diagrams, data flows and resources.
- Meets with customers such as UM, claims, appeals and grievances, QI and IT staff to establish production goals, priorities, and major work schedules.
Utilization Management Project Manager Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years’ experience in Senior-level Managed Care program and project management within Claims, UM/CM, PBM, or Medicaid/Medicaid.
- Demonstrated expertise leading complex, enterprise-wide IT and Utilization management project implementations.
- Principles and practices of program development, implementation, management and evaluation.
- Principles and practices of personnel management, training and supervision.
- Knowledge of Utilization Management systems.
- Experience working in a Healthcare Information Technology related role within a Managed Care setting.
- 3 or more years’ experience in the following areas: information systems analysis, data analysis and mapping, and/or database knowledge.
- Cognizant TriZetto CareAdvance (Utilization Management/Care Management) experience.
Why work here?
- This organization enjoys a reputation for excellence throughout the region and beyond — this is a great opportunity to get involved high up on a great project at an award-winning health care system.
- Recognized as one of the most technologically advanced healthcare organizations in the state of CA.
- ?Imagine coming to work every day knowing you can help make a difference in ways that truly matter – not just to the bottom line, but to the health and well-being of your friends, neighbors, and community.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with healthcare utilization management. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.