We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Chief Information Officer position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by San Mateo County Health System and is available in California.
Here’s a description of the position:
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
San Mateo County Health
$193,565 – $241,925
San Mateo County Health (SMC Health) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Chief Information Officer. SMC Health is a forward-thinking, innovative public health and healthcare delivery organization. Reporting to the SMC Health Chief, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) will support the realization of our Health Information Technology (HIT) vision, goals, and initiatives that support the mission of SMC Health – longer and better lives for everyone in San Mateo County. The CIO will join our stellar team to synthesize a broad portfolio of health applications to maximize value to our clients; deliver outstanding service to our workforce and partners; modernize electronic health record systems; take a young health information organization to the next level of excellence; protect the sensitive data of our clients and patients; and transform information into actionable intelligence to enhance decision-making and service delivery.
We expect the CIO to be a thought leader and an accomplished executive to lead our Health IT governance program that is responsible for gathering, prioritizing, and acting on needs that depend on technology solutions. The CIO will collaborate with other leaders at the highest level of SMC Health and across the County and will manage a team of professionals who are accountable for the delivery of HIT services to over 2,800 staff and partners at over two dozen locations across the County.
The ideal candidate is:
- A passionate leader committed to the mission of longer and better lives for everyone in San Mateo County, who can work with other executive leaders to solve problems and reimagine work through employing LEAN practices that become tightly coupled to enabling technologies.
- A visionary who sees where our organization can grow and change to provide the best experience to our clients/patients.
- A relentless collaborator who can bring together internal and external stakeholders to align needs with investments in technology.
- A systemic thinker who can build bridges between the current environment and the future state of our technology footprint to best serve our clients/patients and our workforce.
- An informed technologist with extensive experience in healthcare information systems who can develop a multi-year roadmap to match changes in the business of healthcare to the optimal HIT solutions to meet those needs.
- A brilliant communicator and educator who can articulate the alignment of health information technology investments with a vision aligned with the principles of the organization.
- An experienced, respected, and thoughtful manager who is committed to developing the skills and capabilities of HIT staff and creating an environment of high performance.
- At least ten years of increasingly responsible experience performing duties related to information services systems and technology management in a large, complex healthcare organization, including at least five years of experience in an executive-level administrative or management leadership position.
A typical way to qualify is a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in information sciences, healthcare administration, or related disciplines, and at least five years of increasingly responsible experience performing duties related to information systems and technology management in a large, complex healthcare organization, including at least two years of experience within the past five years in a senior-level administrative or executive leadership position.
San Mateo County Health is one of 16 public health systems in the state of California. Our mission is to help everyone in San Mateo County live longer and better lives. The County is a 744-square mile area stretching from Daly City to East Palo Alto and past Pescadero. More than 760,000 people live here. San Mateo County Health administers public health programs and provides clinical and supportive services to the community. SMC Health protects the public by regulating harms that could cause disease, informing advocacy to achieve healthier communities, and preventing the spread of disease. SMC Health is also a safety-net provider with a long history of innovation in healthcare delivery. We serve approximately 100,000 patients/clients annually through comprehensive prevention and treatment programs and services supporting medical, behavioral, social, and environmental determinants of health.
We strive to protect and promote the health of everyone in San Mateo County by working to prevent diseases before they occur, treating behavioral and physical conditions, and monitoring the environment and the health of our community.
Final Filing Date: August 1, 2019
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience as a CIO. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.