We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the IT Applications Manager position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Cordea Consulting and is available in Illinois.
Here’s a description of the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years of experience supporting Electronic Healthcare Record or Electronic Medical Record systems.
- Experience managing a staff.
- At least one year of experience participating on a successful implementation of an E H R system.
- Three years or more of experience supporting an advanced clinical ordering and documentation system.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies is required.
- Experience with both acute and ambulatory systems is preferred.
- Ability to travel 80-100% to Eastern location
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned clinical application systems and services.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of clinical analysts and specialists.
- Meets with corporate, division, and facility-level leadership teams, as needed, to align IT strategy, services, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of staff.
- Participates in the development of corporate and department-level clinical application standards, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in technology governance.
- Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of clinical applications; interfaces with users to ensure that clinical applications are developed which meet their business and specifications.
- Establishes and manages internal service level agreements in coordination with IT department standards.
- Ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
- Assists in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates.
- Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests ensuring tickets are entered and documentation is adequately recorded.
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
- Grows the support capabilities for clinical applications throughout the organization.
- Works with clinical and other IT department staff to plan for application standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related to clinical application systems.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing with people at all organizational levels.
- Supports and champions IT Strategy, Mission, Vision, Policies/Procedures and Standard Operating Guidelines.
- Maintains appropriate system documentation in ticketing and/or project tracking systems in accordance to department standards.
- Must bring positive energy to the position
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace healthcare environment
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Clear commitment to the project
- Focus on accountability
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Maintain professional attitude and performance
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with EHR application management. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.