We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Business Intelligence Administrator II (Epic Clarity Reporting) position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Texas Health Resources and is in Texas.
Here’s a description of the position:
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Business Intelligence Administrator II
(Epic Clarity Reporting) in Arlington, TX.
The address is 612 E. Lamar Blvd. Arlington, TX 76011
Salary range is Min. $34.62/hr to Max. $58.28/hr – based on relevant experience
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Texas Health Resources is looking for an Epic Clarity Report Administrator who has experience in Crystal Reports and Universes.
* Support and maintain the development, test and production Cognos or BOE/Crystal or SSRS or Epic Reporting environments.
Work with the DBA, ETL Architect, Business Analyst, and Data Architect to make changes to existing data marts, warehouse environments, and staging areas.
Support and maintains business reporting environment while preserving consistency, intuitive usage, quality data, and timely availability with minimal guidance.
Review Knowledge Base Documentation periodically, updating as needed working independently, while mentoring/assisting others.
Consistently complete incidents within service level agreements working independently.
Provide timely and accurate estimates for all requests working independently.
Complete triage and root cause analysis on incidents identified in the production environment.
Meet or exceed defined Service Level Agreements including, but not limited to: Customer Service scores, Change Notice closures, Incident/Problem Ticket resolutions, and Request Tickets completion, etc.
* Design, build and deploy actionable reporting solutions while following established standards while working independently.
Collaborate on design and architecture of required data marts to provide an accurate and performing reporting environment working independently.
Collaborate with members of the design team and the BI Architect to design, build, test, and deploy an environment that supports a single version of the truth, actionable results, flexibility for the future, and self-service.
Analyze, develop, and deploy strategies for reporting on an enterprise level working independently
Document all newly developed reports using available tools working independently while mentoring others.
Follow Established Standards, Quality Requirements & Best Practices while mentoring others
Develop, execute, and document complete and accurate structured system acceptance test plans
Develop detailed implementation plans while mentoring/assisting others.
Communicates with customer, project team and vendors in a timely manner and escalates issues & risks appropriately, with little or no supervision.
Identify, develop and document detailed Reporting requirements and detailed specifications through the Data Warehouse life cycle integrating with existing data warehouse environment.
Review reporting code/design documents to verify accuracy; meet our standards and best practices, and meets business requirements.
Provide timely and accurate estimates for analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment tasks while assisting others.
Work with the Data Architect, DBA, Business Analyst, and ETL Architect to develop high performance and highly scalable data marts.
Manage and maintain documentation and configuration control libraries for production reporting code while assisting others.
* Administers the Cognos or BOE/Crystal or SSRS or Epic Reporting environments and ensure that user administration is performed to meet services level agreements and standards while mentoring others.
Ensures that infrastructure components are used consistently to facilitate effective development of reporting processes and intuitive end user reporting working independently.
Utilizes scheduling capability to schedule and deliver reports as defined working independently.
Monitors and audits the Cognos or BOE/Crystal or SSRS or Epic Reporting environments for hardware, software, memory, storage, user, report utilization and performance metrics that are critical to normal production operations and make sure the system continues to function in a consistent and expected manner; while mentoring others.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration or relevant field. 4 Years Relevant work experience in lieu of a degree is required.
* 2 Years Relevant work experience to include some combination of the following is required:
– Experience performing systems administration for complex BI reporting environments including Business Objects Enterprise XI (Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, Business Universes, Xcelsius) or Cognos version 10.1+ ( Framework Manager, Transformer, Query Studio, Report Studio, and Analysis Studio) or MS SQL Server 2005 to 2008 R2 (SSIS, SSRS and/or SSAS) or Epic Reporting applications (Reporting Workbench, MyEpic/Radar, KB SQL, Chronicles).
– Experience with Relational Databases and Structured Query language (SQL) including MS SQL Server (2005 and higher) DB2 and Oracle (10g or higher).
-Experience translating user requirements into detailed technical specifications and participating in reviewing technical specifications and developed solutions.
License and Certification
* Epic Clarity data model certifications in Ambulatory, MyChart, ED, Hospital Billing is preferred upon hire.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic Clarity reporting. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.