Last year, we decided to launch a new health IT conference focused on practical innovation called EXPO.health. Just last month we announced the 2nd Annual EXPO.health conference happening July 31 – August 2, 2019 in Boston. We’re excited to continue bringing pragmatic solutions to the problems that health IT professionals face every day. That’s what happens when the health IT community comes together at this event. Peers and vendors alike share solutions to the challenges we all face.
Since announcing the conference, the Call for Speakers has been open and we’ve had 3 times as many submissions to the Call for Speakers this year as compared to last year. Plus, a number of people asked us for a few extra days to submit their sessions late, so we’ve extended the deadline one more week to allow for those last minute session submissions.
What we’ve learned through this process is that health IT professionals are really interested in an event that provides them practical solutions to their real problems. Sure, we all love to dream about the moonshot projects that will one day change healthcare. However, what’s even more valuable is to find solutions that solve the problems they face today so that they can have more time to work and implement the breakthrough solutions of tomorrow.
Looking through all the submissions to the Call for Speakers, I was impressed by this graphic which shows which audiences would find value from the sessions submitted:
As you can see, we have a little something for everyone in healthcare IT.
Thanks to all those who submitted to the call for speakers. Here’s just a quick flavor of some of the sessions submitted:
- 5 Steps to Better Patient Financial Engagement, Backed by Data
- Data: The Affordable Medicine for Better Care
- How to Prepare for a HIPAA Audit
- Intelligent Workflows Mitigate Medical Mistakes
- Managing Staff Credentials Across All Health Care Systems – From ID Cards to Mobile
- Behavioral Economics to Drive Telemedicine Adoption and Utilization
- Real-world Deployments of AI and Predictive Analytics Driving Tangible ROI Today
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Cutting Health IT Costs
- How Hospitals can Save Millions by Using Operations Performance Management for IoT Orchestration
- First the Breach, Then the OCR Hammer – What to Expect in your OCR Data Request
- Dealing with Legacy Health IT Systems
We’ll see which sessions make the final cut, but this should give you a flavor of the type of practical sessions we’ll have at EXPO.health.
If you’re interested in joining us at EXPO.health, super early bird registration is still open through March 15, 2019. Register now before the price goes up. Also, there’s one week left to submit a session to the open call for speakers. We’re just starting to add sponsors as well. Find out all the details on sponsorship in the EXPO.health sponsor prospectus.
We can’t wait to have you all join us in Boston for EXPO.health 2019. We love bringing the health IT community together to collborate, share, and engage with peers.