We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Healthcare Project Manager position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Digisonics and is located in Houston, TX.
Here’s a description of the position:
- Healthcare Project Management Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of proven project implementation experience in a healthcare environment required
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures used in healthcare IT support and PMI project management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with possibly conflicting timelines.
- Professional communication skills, verbal and written, for interaction with customers and co-workers.
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft OS’s, SQL databases, Citrix, networking, and HL7 interfaces.
- Houston, TX residence preferred
Specific activities include:
- Manage complex, large-sized healthcare software implementation projects and is responsible for following Industry Standard Project Implementation guidelines for project plan creation, execution, and communications.
- In collaboration with site and internal resources establishes timelines, creates and updates project plans, and effectively communicates the project status, tasks, and risks.
- Uses project management skills along with advanced working knowledge of Digisonics products and workflows to guide a team through a successful installation, configuration, testing, and Go Live of Digisonics solutions.
- Develops partnerships with customers and implements effective communication mechanisms with internal resources and with customer personnel to manage project tasks, issue resolution, escalate project risks and delays, and schedule training and Go Live dates.
- Maintains a high-level knowledge of clinical workflow and can perform basic training to end users for multiple reporting modules.
- Working knowledge of technical workflow and can provide basic training to customers on system configurations, interfaces, and Digisonics infrastructure.
- Ability to mentor and give direction to project participants.
- Understands organizational processes and objectives. Management of implementation projects based on contracted sales order and understanding of the Statement of Work (SOW) with an ability to expand scope and initiate sales discussions when scope expansion is needed.
- Conducts weekly status calls with customers and internal resources and provides status reports.
- Actively updates and documents project issues, tasks and project plans.
- Generates project status reports that are delivered to high level stakeholders and documents and diagrams workflows.
- When planning for an absence from the company offices for business or vacation, the Project Manager ensures that activity continues on each of his/her projects by delegating responsibility for tasks during their absence.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with healthcare project management. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.