We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Certified Epic ECSA Developer position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Futura Mobility and is in Texas.
Here’s a description of the position:
Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and recommending changes in support of assigned applications / systems, including ongoing production maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications / systems; leads and/or coordinates conversions, application / system testing and documentation of system procedures; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call / after hours support schedule as defined within the Group. Serves as Team Leader or Project Manager for medium to large sized projects that are owned by Clinical Application Services.
- Must be Epic Certified as an ECSA or ECSM Developer.
- Implementation: Responsibility for evaluating project requests associated with field of expertise and/or systems supported, conducting current state assessments, requirements gathering and definition, future state design and application build activities. Responsible for leading implementation teams in planning, design, development, testing (unit, application and integrated), and deployment of projects, as well as contributing to development of associated training curriculum/program, post implementation documentation and production support services. Ensure systems design supports corporate policies and federal legislation, where applicable. Work with customer departments to ensure solutions to complex business issues are an appropriate fit organization-wide.
- Project Management: Prepare detailed project plans. Lead Application Team in adhering to project schedules and timelines and completing projects on time and within budget. Identify and escalate issues to appropriate sponsor group, steering committee or other governing body to ensure successful implementation (on time, on budget and within scope). Responsible for facilitating change request process in relation to assigned projects. Prepare supporting documentation and present initial project requests and change requests to appropriate Change Advisory Subgroup(s). Provide weekly status updates on assigned projects. Work with Group Manager to coordinate necessary support with Project Management Office (PMO) as needed.
- Maintenance, Support and Troubleshooting: Monitor, acknowledge and resolve heat tickets as assigned. Coordinate software and hardware patches, service packs, and version upgrades with customer departments and System Administrator(s). Develop and maintain documentation for system procedures.
- Administrative: Log hours for project-related work in the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system on a weekly basis. (Excluding Lab) Utilize HP Quality Center system for creating test cases and scripts, monitoring testing execution and providing documentation as required for production change control approval. Attend General Information Services (GIS) meetings, weekly Business Application Services team meetings, application team meetings as appropriate, and other meetings as needed.
- Production Support and Maintenance: On call support (support calendar defined by Group or application suite, pager required); Ensuring the integrity, integration and stability of production system; Formulating system scope and objectives to develop or modify complex system designs; Daily checklist for servers, services, log files, backups, scheduled SQL jobs, scheduled tasks, CPU usage, monitor space, transaction logs etc.; Interface maintenance and support; Ensure coordination and documentation of hardware and software support and upgrades (servers, SQL, Citrix servers, VM Ware, desktop, network, telecommunication, SAN storage, internet application, remote users); Working closely with IT resources during upgrades and issue resolutions; Troubleshoot application, process and technical issues. Identify required resources and coordinate all efforts until issue is resolved. Complete documentation as needed; Coordinate and complete tasks during unplanned downtimes including system maintenance; Support training of IS staff and end-users as needed; Direct and coordinate communication, including notification to application teams and departmental super-users and key stakeholders of scheduled and unscheduled downtimes, vendor communication, and staff communication; Daily communication with key business process owners and departmental system support staff; Explaining technical and software concepts to non-IS staff; Stay current with new application functionality and enhancements; Consult vendor support sites, discussion forums, and other sources to identify leading practices for problem resolution; Utilize vendor support site to log issues for assistance in resolution; Coordinate with Group Manger and System Administrators and customer departments to implement recommended solutions; and Other duties as assigned.
- CITRIX experience.
- VMWare experience.
- SQL experience.
- Experience working with Cache.
- Relocation Assistance
- Full Time Position.
- Full Benefits
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.