We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Cerner Ambulatory Analyst position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Cordea Consulting and is located in Georgia.
Here’s a description of the position:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with build, testing, and validation for Cerner Ambulatory and PowerChart solutions required
- Experience with Discern Rules writing for Ambulatory and DCW’s for maintenance required
- Experience with system conversions including new releases and upgrade packages required
- Experience deploying Ambulatory system to Physician practices required
- Ability to travel 80-100% to Eastern location
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Cerner Analyst for Ambulatory and PowerChart implementation providing system optimization, testing, validation, and development of education for end users.
- Complete Cerner PowerChart build including PowerNote, PowerForm, PowerPlan, ESH, and Dynamic Docs.
- Design, Build, Maintenance, and support for Cerner Message Center.
- Complete Cerner Ambulatory build including orders, tasks, Ambulatory Summary, Organizer, Invitations, ePrescribe, and Health Maintenance.
- Provide knowledge and understanding of DCWs, maintenance, and Discern rules writing for Ambulatory.
- Work closely with Physicians and deploy Ambulatory system to Physician practices.
- Collaborate with Clinical Analysts on current and future state workflows and project documentation.
- Facilitate gap analysis and process redesign workshops.
- Complete general system troubleshooting.
- Function as liaison and advocate to clinicians to ensure the system meets end user requirements.
- Evaluate, design, and develop testing plans and assist with testing system functionality and validation.
- Provide reports and performance of unit, functional, system, integration and regression testing.
- Manage quality auditing of project data and system build prior to conversions.
- Prepare written deliverables as defined in project scope.
- Manage resolution of project issues, escalating them to appropriate decision making staff and change control management team.
- Provide knowledge of specialties using Cerner Ambulatory EMR such as Pediatrics, Allergy/Immunology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Ophthalmology, and Hematology.
- Knowledge of Admissions, Registration, Billing, and Financial services as they relate to Cerner Ambulatory HER preferred.
- Ability to write Discern Analytic reports highly preferred.
- Experience with PowerInsight and CCL highly preferred.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Cerner ambulatory. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.