We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the EPIC Training Manager positions that were recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Brookdale Hospital Medical Center in New York.
Here’s a description of the position:
Responsible for Epic training department, including managing development and delivery of all Epic training curriculum, environments and classes for all Epic implementations. Oversees coordinating implementation training schedules and access and build of training facilities during implementations. Identifies, manages and schedules any ongoing enhancement, workflow change, and remedial training needed across all application users.
• Works closely with the Director, Application Operations, Epic to craft a vision for the Epic training plan
• Designs, develops, and facilitates the deployment of the Epic training curriculum
• Integrates operational workflow considerations into the training development plan
• Periodically conduct analysis to identify learning needs and outcomes
• Is familiar with e-learning, web based, and synchronous/asynchronous learning content (i.e. Healthstream)
• Oversees the build and maintenance of Epic training environments
• Collaborates with Epic application teams to ensure Epic training environment is kept refreshed and current
• Works with operational leadership in implementation markets to ensure appropriate training attendance
• Manages the hiring, securing and on-boarding of market-based implementation Credentialed Trainers
• Collaborates with market-based education departments to provide train-the-trainer programs
• Manage team of Instructional Designers, Local Learning Leads and Training Coordinators
• Bachelor’s degree required,
• 6 – 10 years of management experience.
• 5+ years of professional development/training experience
• Strong facilitation skills
Strong writing, communication and project management skills
• Excellent stand-up presentation skills
• Healthcare industry experience preferred
• Proficiency with a variety of learning development tools (i.e., HealthStream, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional systems design, and other training methodology/concepts
• Experience managing, coaching, or mentoring trainers
• Experience in designing and delivering training programs for supervisory, middle management, and senior management levels
• Works closely with Application Directors to stay abreast of application changes
• Partners with Operational Leadership to incorporate business workflow into training curriculum
• Works with communications team to publish training schedules and communicate with stakeholders
• Collaborates with SMEs and learners through the entire instructional design process
• Works with all levels of the organization from front-line staff to senior management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to fully utilize BHMC’s electronic record systems, equipment and other healthcare and billing systems relevant to this position.
- A deep understanding of hospital organizations and EPIC certification and/or understanding of the EPIC product suite.
- Demonstrated project management skills (technology and people) with a track record of achieving goals on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built and maintained
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) preferred,
- American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) and Styles certification preferred,
- Epic Certification desired
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.