Cloud hosting is a reality in pretty much every healthcare organization. This is particularly true in hospitals that have hundreds of healthcare IT solutions with many of them being hosted in the cloud. While some are hosted in the health IT vendor’s cloud, I’m also seeing more and more hospitals looking to get out of the data center business and moving their various health IT software to a third party data center. I expect this trend will continue and we’ll eventually see hospitals who don’t have any onsite data center.
As the highly regulated healthcare IT world has moved to the cloud, I’ve seen data centers crop up that cater specifically to the needs of healthcare. One of those companies who’s focused on healthcare data center and cloud offerings is OnRamp. I recently sat down to interview Chad Kissinger, Founder of OnRamp, to learn more about their approach to healthcare cloud hosting and what makes healthcare hosting unique. I also talked with Chad about OnRamp’s recent HITRUST certification and what that means for healthcare providers and what OnRamp is doing to ensure security beyond the HITRUST certification. Plus, Chad offered some great insights into where he sees this all heading.
You can watch my full video interview with OnRamp CEO, Chad Kissinger, embedded at the bottom of this blog post, or click on any of the links below to skip to the sections of the interview that interest you most:
- Tell us a little bit about yourself and OnRamp
- What are the most common use cases where healthcare organizations are working with OnRamp?
- Are there times when organizations should not use an outside data center?
- There are a lot of data centers out there, so what differentiates OnRamp from all of the other data centers?
- You recently became HITRUST Certified. What does that offer a healthcare organization that wants to host with you?
- What have you done to go beyond HITRUST certification?
- How about natural disasters? What’s OnRamp’s approach to ensuring natural disasters aren’t an issue for companies who host with you?
- Where is all of this headed? What’s on OnRamp’s roadmap for the next 5-10 years?
Be sure to Subscribe to Healthcare Scene on YouTube and check out all of our Healthcare IT video interviews and content.
Full Disclosure: OnRamp is a proud sponsor of Healthcare Scene.