We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the System Director, Clinical Applications position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by Superlanet and is in Chicago.
Here’s a description of the position:
This is a contract to hire opportunity.
10+ years of relevant professional experience in an IS leadership role in a healthcare setting
6+ years of experience in an Epic EMR environment
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred
· Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside customers or vendors
· Ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional teams and develop key business partnerships, both internal and external
· Ability to demonstrate good judgment, strategic thinking and critical thinking relative to problem analysis/resolution at both the strategic and functional levels
· Excellent organization, presentation, negotiation and communications skills (oral and written)
· Exceptional leadership skills relative to staff management and achieving results through others and working in a shared leadership environment
· Demonstrated ability to apply project management disciplines
· Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
· Ability to work any hours to support 24/7 operations
· Availability to travel between ministries and business partners
Day to Day:
The System Director of Clinical Applications leads Presence Health teams in the delivery of clinical applications and shared solutions that enable the organization to provide safe and effective patient care and demonstrate value to our business partners. Responsible for directing the clinical application program which includes optimizing the existing environment, developing strategic upgrade strategies and leading the lifecycle management activities. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to program management, clinical application management, partnership development, team development, and financial oversight.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience with Epic clinical applications. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.