We like to regularly feature a healthcare IT job that might be of interest to readers. Today, we’re featuring the Senior Network Engineer position that was recently posted on Healthcare IT Central. This position was posted by LCMC Health in New Orleans, LA.
Here’s a description of the position:
The Senior Network Engineer’s role is to design and ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by leading the network team and being responsible for the planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Senior Network Engineer will oversee with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, provide end user training where required and lead network projects.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and/or Telecommunications, OR equivalent work experience
• CCNA highly desired
• Cisco switches (Catalyst 3k,4k,6k and Nexus 2k, 5k)
• Cisco routers (ASR, ISR)
• Cisco firewalls (ASA, IOS)
• Cisco wireless (controller based)
• Enterprise Load Balancer/Content Switching (F5, Cisco ACE)
• Maintains current knowledge of networking hardware, software, standards, best-practices, and industry trends
• Experience in compliance (ISO 27000, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA) is highly desired
• Experience with enterprise network infrastructure support, dynamic routing protocols, policy-based routing, high availability solutions
• Candidates must have direct experience supporting 10G LAN switching technologies
• Proficient skills for WAN load balancing, BGP failover, VOIP, External DNS, and complex 1G/10G switching environments are a must
• Candidate must demonstrate proficient skills with Access Control Servers and Radius profiling.
• Experience with various network management and monitoring hardware/software, such as Solarwinds, Gigamon, etc.
• Possess excellent troubleshooting and resolution skills
• Excels in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Must be able to work on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
• Must be able to work nights and weekends as the work requires
TECHNICAL REQURIMENTS: (required)
• IPv4, IPv6
• BGP (iBGP/eBGP), IGP (OSPF, EIGRP), PBR, VRF, VSS, Multicast, QoS, VoIP, WCCP, Policy-based Routing
• IPSEC, GRE, SSL-VPN
• AAA, PKI, SSL/TLS, 802.1x
• High Density Wireless LAN (2.4GHz, 5GHz)
• Network Management
• Packet analysis (Wireshark)
Job Specifications – Education and Experience:
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and/or Telecommunications is highly preferred, and/or 10 years or more related industry experience may be considered. Candidate must have 10 years of related industry experience.
Certification(s): Cisco and/or Microsoft Certifications Highly Preferred, knowledge and training with VM Virtual Center.
Experience: 10 or more years of progressive computer industry experience spanning workstation, networking and server environments with technical leadership and demonstrable accomplishments. Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining excellent customer service and positive attitude. Experience directing others to accomplish goals.
Looks like a great opportunity for those with experience in network management. If this looks like a position that would interest you, check out the full details for the job and how to apply.
As always, you can search our Health IT job board for a variety of jobs from leading companies in the industry. You can also register for free and post your resume where recruiters search for job candidates regularly.