We’re taking a little different approach for this week’s #HITsm chat happening Friday, 2/24 at Noon ET (9 AM PT). Since this week many of the #HITsm community were busy at the HIMSS Annual Conference in Orlando, we wanted to give people a bit of a break from the regular chat and test out a simple, new approach to the chat in what we’re calling the HIMSSanity Recovery chat.
Instead of sharing 5 topics to discuss, we’re asking everyone in the #HITsm community to share a “Tweetstorm” (check out this article that describes a Tweetstorm pretty well.) that offers some insights into the healthcare IT community. Maybe it’s a story from your experience at HIMSS17, insights into a certain topic, a message of gratitude, a rant on an important topic, a deep look into a subject that matters to you, etc. Of course, you’re welcome to join us even if you didn’t participate in HIMSS in any way shape or form. As long as you have a viewpoint and perspective, you’re welcome to join and share a tweetstorm.
All you have to do to participate is
1. Select a topic, subject, story, or rant you want to share.
2. Share a series of tweets that are numbered (ie. 1.) and end each tweet with the #HITsm hashtag.
3. Check out other people’s tweetstorms and reply to their perspectives.
4. Repeat if you have more than one tweetstorm to share.
Here’s a simple example of a tweetstorm you might share in 8 successive tweets:
1. We need to improve the patient experience in healthcare #HITsm
2. Healthcare organizations that choose not to improve the patient experience are going to be at an extreme disadvantage. #HITsm
3. As value based reimbursement efforts get rolled out, the right patient experience is going to be essential. #HITsm
4. First, it will attract the best patients to your organizations #HITsm
5. Second, it will provide you the opportunity to truly engage with your patients which is necessary in value based reimbursement. #HITsm
6. Third, if you don’t do it, your competitors across the street will and you’ll have a challenge being competitive. #HITsm
7. If you’re not working on the experience your patients have in your office, you should start now. #HITsm
8. Focusing on patient experience is the right thing to do for your patients and your business. #HITsm
That’s all. Easy enough right? I look forward to reading everyone’s #HITsm tweetstorms! Don’t worry if they don’t all go out at Noon ET (9 AM PT). Feel free to share them throughout the full #HITsm hour or even after. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.
3/10 – TBD
3/17 – TBD
We look forward to learning from the #HITsm community! As always let us know if you have ideas for how to make #HITsm better.
If you’re searching for the latest #HITsm chat, you can always find the latest #HITsm chat and schedule of chats here.