I’m lucky enough to be heading to the SXSW conference again this year. I’m excited to see what interesting things are being said and done at a conference like SXSW. The broad variety of people that attend SXSW provide unique insights and perspectives that you often can’t find at other conferences. I’m sure I’ll be doing a post or two about the things I find at SXSW. Let me know if there’s something I should see while I’m there.
During SXSW I’m also going to slip away from the SXSW activities in order to take part in the Dell Healthcare Think Tank event (not associated with SXSW). I believe this is the 4th year I’ve been able to participate in the event and Dell always does a great job bringing together amazing people to talk about the challenges of healthcare IT. This year I expect no different.
The great part of the Dell Healthcare Think Tank event is that the full event is live streamed for free online so you can watch the discussion no matter where you’re at on Tuesday March 15th from 1-4 PM CT. Plus, the #DoMoreHIT hashtag on Twitter will be extremely alive during the Think Tank event. So you can follow along and even add your own comments and questions on the hashtag as you participate in the event from wherever you might be. Don’t be surprised if we bring up a Twitter comment on the live stream.
This year Dell has done a great job bringing together a diverse panel from many parts of healthcare and I’m especially excited by a number of panelists that represent the patient voice in the discussion. You can see the full list of moderators and panelists below.
- Mandi Bishop – Healthcare Analytics Innovations & Consulting Practice Lead, Dell, #HIT100 influencer,@MandiBPro
- Nick van Terheyden, MD – Chief Medical Officer, Dell, @drnic1
- Wen Dombrowski, MD, MBA Physician Executive
- Joe Kim, MD, MPH, Physician Executive
- Dan Munro, Forbes Healthcare Contributor
- John Lynn, Blogger and Entrepreneur
- ‘e-Patient Dave’ deBronkart, Patient Advocate, Speaker
- Robin Farmanfarmaian, Patient, COO, Best-Selling Author
- Nick Cifuentes, Director of Digital Engagement, Dignity Health
- Mini Kahlon, Vice Dean, Dell Medical School
- Stacey Burr, Digital Sports Managing Director, Adidas
- Scott Lundstrom, Group VP and GM of IDC Financial, Government and Health Insights