Not participating in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program yet? 2015 is the last year for eligible hospitals to begin and still earn incentive payments.
To earn a 2015 incentive payment and avoid a 2016 payment adjustment, first-time participants should:
- Begin their 90-day reporting period no later than April 1, 2015
- Attest by July 1, 2015
Eligible hospitals that miss this deadline can still earn a 2015 incentive payment—and avoid the 2017 payment adjustment—if they begin their reporting period by July 1 and attest by November 30. However, they will be subject to the 2016 payment adjustment unless they apply and qualify for a hardship exception.
Hospitals that successfully attest in 2015 will also be eligible to earn a 2016 incentive if they continue to participate.
Eligible hospitals that begin participating after 2015 will not be able to earn incentive payments. They will also be subject to payment adjustments in 2016 and 2017.
The EHR Incentive Programs website offers tools and resources to help eligible hospitals to successfully participate:
- Tip Sheet for Medicare Eligible Hospitals
- Eligible Hospital 2014 Definition Spec Sheets
- Stage 1 Eligible Hospital and CAH Attestation Worksheet (2014 Definition)
- Stage 1 Attestation User Guide for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs
- Payment Adjustment Form Hardship Exception Tip Sheet for Hospitals