4Medapproved recently launched a series of healthcare IT certification opportunities, providing a convenient, affordable, online option for professionals who wish to either transition to the healthcare IT industry, or add to their existing knowledge and credentials. Training offered by 4Medapproved is designed to meet the needs of busy professionals with practical lessons that apply to real-world health IT employment. The 4Med educational approach incorporates text lessons, multimedia content, and review assessments, along with hands-on practice sessions utilizing a live, certified EMR solution. All courses are modular, allowing students to learn at their own pace from any location. (Through a special arrangement with 4Med, all courses are available to the Healthcare IT Central/Healthcare IT Today community (if you’re reading this, that’s you!) at a 20% discount. Simply use HITC for your coupon code).
Today’s highlighted certification is the CEOP –
CERTIFIED EHR OFFICE PROFESSIONAL:
The 4Med Certified EHR Office Professional course (CEOP) provides a meaningful introduction to electronic health records. Lessons describe EHR functionality, integration with other applications and hardware, Meaningful Use and HIPAA compliance, and more. The program is presented through self-paced online lessons, multimedia review, and assessments, as well as a final exam. Participants also engage in hands-on workflow exercises utilizing a certified EHR/EMR application. The hands-on EMR exercises are designed to teach students the fundamentals of electronic medical record workflow. The live, certified EMR solution creates a working environment similar in design to most of the major certified products on the market – allowing for a flexible learning experience uniquely applicable to multiple platforms and medical workplaces.
Module titles within this course include:
- An Overview and Introduction to EMR
- Understanding Ambulatory EHR/EMR Criteria and Features
- Medical Record Scanning & Data Migration
- Understanding Integrated Practice Management Software and Billing Tools
- Customizing EMR and Understanding Templates
- Integrating with Patient Interaction Tools and PHI
- Understanding E-prescribing Integrating PACS and LABS with EMR
- Understanding PHI Security and EMR HIPAA Compliance
- Utilizing EMR for Optimal and Meaningful Use
- An Overview of EMR Meaningful Use Requirements
- Understanding Basic Electronic Workflow (with hands-on exercises)
Successful completion of this course awards a Certificate in EMR Proficiency which has been reviewed and authorized by the 4Medapproved professional medical and technical advisory boards.
Notes: Average course length: 8 hours. Don’t forget the 20% discount you’ll get by using HITC as your coupon code!