Earlier this week, the University of Illinois at Chicago conducted an “Inside Look” Webinar, featuring a panel consisting of faculty, graduates, current students, and enrollment advisors. The hour-long presentation was short on fluff and got straight to the point – answering the specific questions that most prospective students need answered before considering this career investment. Questions covered included:
- What are the admission requirements?
- Are there any required prerequisites?
- How does UIC’s online program really work?
- What are the biggest challenges that an online student faces?
- How long does a semester last? How many courses does one normally take each semester?
- What type of assignments are to be expected? How are group assignments handled?
- How has this degree helped your career?
- Does someone with a clinical background need to have IT experience?
By sharing the perspectives of UIC staff and faculty AND current students and graduates, a well-rounded and complete overview of the program and its benefits were provided. As an added bonus, one of the graduate panelists was none other than Healthcare IT Today student blogger Ryan Esslinger, who you may remember as the first UIC student who blogged his way through his Master of Science in Health Informatics studies (and his engagement and subsequent honeymoon)!
If the lack of a graduate degree is keeping you from achieving your career goals, and/or you’re wondering if an online program is for you, you are welcome to listen to the Webinar at your convenience – simply click on this link to access the recording.