Physicians Trust Readiness Center Showcased to Support Effective Transition to EHR
New Orleans – March 4, 2013 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, today reinforced its commitment to providing innovative solutions to serve the needs of the healthcare providers at the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Product specialists will be on hand all week at the Samsung booth (#4281) demonstrating a full range of information technology solutions designed for healthcare providers looking to enhance quality of care and transform the patient experience.
The HIMSS Samsung booth will host:
· A full line of healthcare information access points for healthcare providers including Cloud Displays, All-in-One PCs, as well as Windows-based Samsung ATIV Smart PCs and Android-powered GALAXY tablets.
· Printing solutions that are designed to improve administrative efficiencies and security through an open and reliable platform.
· High-quality, ergonomic LED monitors that help save desk space and energy costs.
· Digital signage products that enable healthcare providers to scale dynamic communications to better engage with their patients and staff.
“Samsung Electronics has a continuing interest and investment in the healthcare industry, which is an important part of our global growth vision,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president of Samsung Electronics America’s Enterprise Business Division. “We are excited by the opportunity to demonstrate how healthcare providers can leverage our full line of healthcare information technology to maximize the benefits of the transition to EHR, enhance quality of care and transform the patient experience.”
EHR & The Physicians Trust Readiness Center
According to Gartner’s EHR Key Initiate Overview “No other healthcare project will likely be as complex, face more reluctant or even hostile challenges, or have greater potential to transform the organization and its practice of healthcare deliver.”
Samsung understands the challenges healthcare providers face in adopting Electronic Health Records (EHR) and the potential opportunities it presents. With this in mind, Samsung has partnered with Physicians Trust to present the Physicians Trust Readiness Center within the Samsung booth.
Built to represent the ideal healthcare technology learning center, the facility fosters education and adoption of electronic health records, health information exchange and patient applications in the ambulatory care environment. At the Readiness Center physicians, medical staff and administrators can experience a real-life training scenario designed to optimize the learning curve and adoption.
While visiting the Samsung booth, attendees can also preview the PT Practice Assessment and receive feedback on strategies for improving your practice. The PT Practice Assessment is a proprietary application that generates a comprehensive evaluation of a practice, ensuring providers and staff workflows are aligned with the proper technology. In addition, current workflows are measured and tracked against proposed changes that are shared with the practice and implementation team, providing a custom blueprint that is unique to the practice.
Solutions & Partnerships
Samsung is also showcasing a number of solutions and partnerships aimed at realizing our vision for patient-centered healthcare:
· Pivot3 – This partnership integrates HC-3, a validated virtual desktop infrastructure with Samsung zero client cloud displays and mobile devices into a simple, scalable and cost effective Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solution for the healthcare sector. It provides clinicians with non-stop access to virtual desktops with fast log-on times through any endpoint device and from any location with the swipe of a badge or a tap of a fingerprint.
· Vocera’s Solution – This utilizes the Samsung Galaxy Tab and a LED-backlit large format display, enabling healthcare operations to streamline staff communication and improve operational workflows. The Vocera portfolio of solutions allows team members and groups to communicate instantly and effortlessly via voice, text, or other messaging.
· Homecare Homebase – This offers a comprehensive, integrated, web-based software solution that operates on Samsung’s Galaxy tablet devices. It allows customers to not only manage their business more effectively, but ultimately provide their patients with the best possible outcomes.
To learn more about Samsung Electronics’ healthcare division, its subsidiaries and products, please visit http://www.samsung.com/healthcare.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together — to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America (SEA), Inc., a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit www.samsung.com/business, call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 236,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales exceeding KRW 201 trillion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.