In this column we spend a lot of time talking about EMRs, but do we ever listen to them? Maybe it’s time for an “EMR Whisperer” to turn up and tell us what EMRs are trying to tell us. Or since I don’t know where to find one, I’ll do some listening myself.
Here, for your consideration, are some messages EMRs are trying to share. Don’t take offense…they’re only trying to be honest.
* Too many clicks? I’ll bet you never say that to your World of Warcraft host.
* There’s not enough expansion slots in all of China to integrate that mess.
* So, I went down for a few hours. Don’t I deserve a break now and then?
* Don’t lie — you’re planning to tear me out and replace me with a younger upgrade.
* I wish you’d stop telling me F/U.
* I’m not user-friendly? What about that smiley I put at the end of that 600-page data dump?
* I thought you loved me for my intelligence, not my interface.
* Your doctors have been saying mean things about me. My feelings are hurt. 🙁
* Sure, I interoperate, but I always come back to you…