Essentials of the US Hospital IT Market – 7th Edition provides a current overview and future projections of the US hospital IT market
CHICAGO (July 17, 2012) – With the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act/HITECH, meaningful use and 5010/ICD-10 changing the provider landscape, understanding and tracking industry trends and expenditures is vital to drive business. The Essentials of the US Hospital IT Market – 7th Edition provides the latest health IT market intelligence captured from the HIMSS Analytics® Database of more than 5,300 hospitals and 32,000 medical facilities in the United States.
“In 2011, we saw further proof that the ARRA/HITECH act is making a demonstrable effect in the US market. We have seen solid growth into the upper stages of the HIMSS Analytics EMR Adoption Model with nearly double the number of hospitals reaching Stage 5 on the EMR Adoption Model (EMRAM)℠,” said John P. Hoyt, Executive Vice President, HIMSS Analytics. “With the initial Pioneer ACOs selected for the Accountable Care Organization program, more organizations are now preparing for bundled payments with investments in health IT that support continuity of care and payment reform.”
The new edition includes:
- A new chapter on laboratory;
- Tools to help improve forecasts based on HIMSS Analytics’ insight into industry trends, IT spending and purchasing plans;
- Information to help identify the right sectors in which to invest for the highest potential ROI;
- Insight into emerging market drivers; and
- Assistance in monitoring the market position of key health IT solution providers.
Investors, consultants and healthcare software vendors can use the report to:
· Learn more about relevant topics for their business or clients;
· Set realistic goals for their teams; and
· Support their business plan with market research.
For example, the report includes:
· Five-year compounded annual growth rate market spend forecast for hospital IT (operating, capital and total) and more than 70 key hospital IT applications; and
· Fifteen in-depth application overviews including EMR, patient safety, bar coding, health information management, revenue cycle management and financial applications.
Learn more about Essentials of the US Hospital IT Market – 7th Edition. The report is available in its entirety, by financial or ARRA clinical volumes, or by individual chapters. Contact Amy Bergau for more information on Essentials.
About HIMSS Analytics
HIMSS Analytics is a wholly owned not-for-profit subsidiary of HIMSS. The company collects and analyzes healthcare data related to IT processes and environments, products, IS department composition and costs, IS department management metrics, healthcare trends and purchase-related decisions. HIMSS Analytics delivers high-quality data and analytical expertise to healthcare delivery organizations, health IT companies, state governments, financial companies, pharmaceutical companies, and consulting firms.