If you have kids, keeping track of all of their medical history can be an incredible burden. As someone that never once went to an emergency room before I was married, but have since been at least a couple of times a year, learning to keep track of it all has taken some time.
El Camino Hospital, the hospital of Silicon Valley, is now providing Family Medical Officers with an app to make managing family healthcare a little bit easier. Here are some features of the app:
– My Family & Me: FMOs can keep track of their families medical history (e.g., diagnosis and other information). Feature is password-protected.
– Library Resource: Offers access to a comprehensive health library, a drug reference and a health encyclopedia.
– Emergency Response: Provides current wait times for El Camino Hospital’s emergency rooms in Mountain View and Los Gatos, CA. Users can dial 911 with the touch of a button, as well as view a checklist of things to bring if they require a visit to the ER.
– Find a Doctor: Users can search for an El Camino Hospital physician by name, specialty or location.
– Visiting El Camino Hospital: Provides access to turn-by-turn directions to El Camino Hospital facilities, campus maps, visiting hours and other useful information.
It appears to be a relatively useful app, and I can imagine that apps like this will only get better as time and technology improves. The app is currently available for free on Android and Apple devices.