The Director of Software Development will be a key member of our Management team as well as a senior leader within our Software Group. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting and designing software for Rothman Healthcare and overseeing the implementation of new systems, making changes and feature additions to existing and future RHC products and applications, support of existing systems; management of incident diagnosis; and managing high-quality integration and releases of the Rothman Index to meet customer needs.
The Director has overall accountability for the development of new software products and services, including functionality, usability and performance, ensuring the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the development life cycle to facilitate software reusability across projects and products.
We are currently accepting applications from candidates in these cities:
San Francisco, CA
North Kansas City, MO
New York, NY
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Manages software integrations with client electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
• Implements performance enhancements of existing software.
• Creates process improvements, maintains, and supports existing applications.
• Works closely with Chief Technical Officer to determine application architecture and design
• Produces development artifacts such as Release Notes, Design Documents and Class Diagrams
• Manages ongoing production support of applications and change control procedures.
• Oversees, fosters and maintains good external and internal relationships in order to meet expected customer service levels
• Develops and executes testing strategies
• Minimum of 8+ years work experience as a Software Developer/Engineer with a minimum of 3+ years with Director level experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, System Engineering, or related technical degree; Master’s degree is preferred
• Minimum of 3+ Years of experience with Clinical Related Healthcare Information Technology (e.g., Electronic Medical Record systems such as Epic, Allscripts, Mckesson, Cerner, or Meditech; Decision Support and/or Analytic Tools, etc..)
• Solid understanding of multiple programming languages, operating systems, system architectures, and 3rd party software products used in Rothman Healthcare’s software solutions
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience and in-depth understanding of C#.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with data-driven applications.
• Self-sufficient in analyzing and developing feature enhancements
• Expertise with development tools and significant experience with T-SQL.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in management/supervision of direct reports.
• Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills.
• Strong ability to interface and communicate (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical users.
• Self-motivated and able to work remotely
• Experience with iOS/Android, Linux/Apache/MySql/Php5, Visual Studio, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration is a plus but not required.
Living the Rothman Healthcare Values:
• Helping Others
• Exceptional Service
Interested in learning more and/or applying for this opportunity? Go to Healthcare IT Central!