TAMPA, Fla. – Feb. 28, 2012 – MedHOK, one of the healthcare industry’s fastest growing companies providing cloud-based software, announced today that Simply Healthcare will deploy its integrated care management, quality and compliance platform to proactively enhance its quality improvement initiatives. In doing so, Simply Healthcare is well positioned to respond to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) efforts to enhance quality outcomes and reduce costs. MedHOK, which offers fully NCQA certified software for HEDIS®, has more than 15 million live in production and is on track to reach 30 million within the year, making it one of the healthcare industry’s leading software companies.
Simply Healthcare is a Coral Gables, Fla.-based HMO that serves Florida’s Medicaid and Healthy Kids populations and Medicare Advantage members. It will leverage the MedHOK platform for annual HEDIS filings, as well as to identify and remediate any care gaps and improve outcomes going forward.
“We appreciate the expertise MedHOK brings to the table and their collaborative approach to achieving our goals,” said Dwight Pattison, director of quality management, Simply Healthcare.
MedHOK’s integrated care management, quality and compliance platform facilitates improved clinical outcomes and care coordination while enhancing quality measures, compliance and financial performance. It accomplishes this by:
- Providing real-time access to Star, HEDIS, pay-for-performance (P4P), and proprietary quality and performance measures, helping providers accurately monitor in real-time the data they need to achieve and maintain high quality ratings
- Triggering interventions when care gaps are identified, in particular for patients with multiple comorbidities and chronic conditions
- Utilizing predictive analytics models to generate profiles based on clinical, quality and financial data for member, provider and local populations
- Calculating risk scores for every member, enabling timely predictions of those at the highest risk for more accurate forecasting of care costs and utilization
- Continuously monitoring for and addressing regulatory changes from CMS and state Medicaid agencies, ensuring clients stay ahead of the compliance curve
“To thrive into today’s healthcare environment, health plans must be committed to improving quality and reducing costs,” said Anil Kottoor, president and CEO, MedHOK. “By leveraging the power of our integrated care, quality and compliance platform, they can eliminate the year-end HEDIS fire drills through continuous performance monitoring and streamlined workflows that mitigate care gaps.”
Tampa, Fla.-based MedHOK has more than 15 million lives in production and expects to double that number in 2012, making it one of the healthcare industry’s fastest-growing software companies. It offers a cloud-based integrated software platform for care management, quality and compliance that enables physicians, ACOs, PCMHs, payers and TPAs to manage and measure care against national quality standards for optimal outcomes. Its innovative modular software helps healthcare organizations meet quality, care and compliance objectives across business lines by facilitating real-time information sharing with all stakeholders to address disease management and care coordination, clinical quality and utilization review, and quality and financial measures. ICD-10 compliant, HIE-ready and securely accessible on any device, the MedHOK platform is user-friendly, rapidly deployed and easily configurable for a low total cost of ownership and rapid return on investment. The company’s 360Measures holds full 2012 HEDIS® certification.