Leader Pelosi speaks from Practice Fusion headquarters on the future of healthcare and technology, job creation: “Jobs being created here at Practice Fusion are for a better, healthier America.”
San Francisco, CA – March 29, 2012 – Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi joined Practice Fusion CEO Ryan Howard and local physicians last Friday, March 23, at an event marking the second anniversary of the Affordable Care Act and the official opening of the company’s new headquarters in San Francisco’s Enterprise Zone. Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Records (EMR) company, has grown rapidly since 2005 and now brings free technology to over 150,000 healthcare professionals.
“I want to congratulate Ryan Howard for his leadership because I believe that what is happening here at Practice Fusion is making our country, and certainly our community, healthier,” said Leader Pelosi during the event. “It is bringing down costs, improving quality, and expanding access—as is the purpose of the Affordable Care Act.”
- Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke alongside Practice Fusion CEO Ryan Howard, primary care physician Dr. Paul Kim and Justine Matison, who was unemployed before joining the company two years ago
- The event included a community health fair with representatives from Clinic by the Bay, The American Heart Association, Walgreens, South of Market Health Center and Healthy San Francisco
- Practice Fusion also hosted a job fair for more than 75 local jobseekers and students to learn about the company’s 40+ job openings in San Francisco
- With just four employees in 2009, Practice Fusion has grown to over 150 team members and expects to double in 2012
- Practice Fusion’s growth has been aided by the 2009 Stimulus Plan (ARRA), which provides $44,000+ in incentives for physicians using EMR technology. The Affordable Care Act continues the work of ARRA to improve care coordination using health technology
- Full video of Leader Pelosi’s remarks during the press conference is available online
“Practice Fusion pledges to work with the US government to provide every doctor with access to health technology with the goal of ensuring that every American receives safe, high quality health care,” said Howard. “We’re honored to have Leader Pelosi acknowledge us as a major innovator in this effort.”
To learn more about current job openings, please visit practicefusion.com/careers
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing Electronic Medical Records community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 33 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit http://www.practicefusion.com.