Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO provides the leadership and accountability for the overall strategic and operational planning of the company. The CEO establishes a culture of collaboration, innovation and creativity to develop products to enhance excellent patient care.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sets short-term and long-term corporate strategy, organizes corporate structure.
• Set company policies; establishes and maintains a culture of open communication, accountability, and timely decision- making.
• Creates and nurtures an environment of continuous improvement that fosters staff collaboration, enhances revenues, controls costs, and improves overall performance. Oversees performance metrics guidelines to ensure that all employees are periodically reviewed.
• Supports sales and marketing efforts.
• Ensures financial resources are adequate to meet corporate goals.
• Establishes an effective means to communicate throughout the organization, with the Board, and with existing and potential clients and investors.
• An advanced degree in a relevant field, advanced training in business or healthcare management.
• Minimum of 20+ years of work experience (10+ years in Healthcare related field and 5+ years in Healthcare Information Technology, Informatics or related field)
• Seasoned and successful leader, ideally with 10+ years of experience as a CEO or Business Unit Leader.
• Experience operating effectively in a complex decision-making setting
• Thorough knowledge of modern management principles, practices & methods
• Strong background in sales, fund-raising, and financial management
• Supervisory experience; able to communicate effectively with and manage direct reports; communicate effectively with all employees, investors, the Board, and other external constituencies
• Excellent communication skills, including presentations and public speaking; ability to represent and speak for the company to investors, clients, potential clients, and the media
• Experience in a complex environment with conflicting objectives; ability to navigate and provide a broader system view, effectively engage constituents to achieve a balance among competing agendas
Interested in learning more and/or applying for this exciting role? Go to Healthcare IT Central!