Consult A Doctor, an innovator of telemedicine services and technology solutions, today announced the availability of MyHealthPlan 24/7, a cloud-based telemedicine platform solution designed to support health plans in reducing costs and meeting market demand for more affordable, efficient and immediate access to quality healthcare. MyHealthPlan 24/7 is the most complete telemedicine solution in the market, giving payer organizations the ability to offer their members on-demand access to their provider network or alternatively, Consult A Doctor’s national network of on-call physicians.
Here is a high-level list of benefits for each stakeholder:
Benefits for Employers, Groups and Members
• 24/7 physician access
• Faster care
• Patient portal
• Mobile Application
Benefits for Providers
• Additional revenue
• Enhanced care management
Leveraging Consult A Doctor’s Revolutionary TeleCare 3.0 Platform, MyHealthPlan 24/7 Reduces Costs, Enables 24/7 Access to Provider Networks via Phone, Email, Video and App
Miami, March 7, 2012 — Consult A Doctor, an innovator of telemedicine services and technology solutions, today announced the availability of MyHealthPlan 24/7, a cloud-based telemedicine platform solution designed to support health plans in reducing costs and meeting market demand for more affordable, efficient and immediate access to quality healthcare. MyHealthPlan 24/7 is the most complete telemedicine solution in the market, giving payer organizations the ability to offer their members on-demand access to their provider network or alternatively, Consult A Doctor’s national network of on-call physicians.
MyHealthPlan 24/7 offers health plans the freedom to improve access for their members and offer a significant convenience and revenue benefit to their provider network, all while reducing the total cost of care by ensuring that members stay healthier with the right care, in the right setting, at the right time. As health plans add this powerful telemedicine platform solution to their benefit package, they are able to grow their customer base while improving client retention and increasing profitability.
Benefits for Employers, Groups and Members
With MyHealthPlan 24/7, health plans can differentiate themselves from competitors by offering a number of distinctive benefits for employers, groups and members, including:
• 24/7 physician access: members will have 24/7 access to participating physicians from anywhere via phone, email, mobile app or video chat so members can be treated from home or work without having to seek treatment in higher-cost settings, such as the ER, urgent care clinic or doctor’s office
• Faster care: access to proper healthcare services at any time, from anywhere often means shortening the duration of the illness, saving time and lowering out-of-pocket expenses while reducing absenteeism and costs for employers
• Patient portal: members will have access to a comprehensive patient portal that features a full suite of health management and wellness resources, including a consult center to schedule appointments, email a doctor or access the “click to call” functionality to instantaneously connect members to a doctor; an online symptom checker; and a comprehensive medical library that helps members better manage their health
• Mobile Application: members with iPhones can obtain 24/7 phone and secure email access to licensed physicians directly from their iPhone, making it even easier to consult immediately with a network of U.S. based, state-licensed doctors for medical information, diagnosis and/or treatment
Benefits for Providers
MyHealthPlan 24/7 also offers extensive benefits for providers allowing health plans and integrated health systems to attract new patients, new revenue and expanded services to their provider network. Some of these additional benefits include:
• Additional revenue: providers generate incremental revenue from member subscriptions plus direct compensation for each medical consultation conducted via phone, email or video
• Enhanced care management: the HIPAA-secure telemedicine platform helps physicians deliver the most informed, efficient care possible with an integrated dashboard that displays comprehensive medical records and prescribing history for each patient consult
• Flexibility: the platform gives providers increased coverage flexibility and the ability to serve non-plan patients conveniently and inexpensively
“Due to the combination of healthcare reform and economic forces, we’ve seen a growing number of health plans that are aggressively seeking out ways to reduce claims costs for their fully-insured book of business which includes small businesses, individuals, families and Medicaid/Medicare contracts,” said Wolf Shlagman, founder and CEO, Consult A Doctor. “Also, as demonstrated by the numerous RFPs we’re receiving for our telemedicine solutions, self-insured employers are equally eager to adopt innovative telehealh/telemedicine solutions that will ease the financial pressure associated with the rising costs and lack of access to quality healthcare. According to a recent study by Kaiser, employer-sponsored health coverage for family premiums has increased by 113% since 2001 – a jump from about $6,000 to $15,000 per family per year compared to about 27% inflation, meaning healthcare costs outpaced income by 400%! MyHealthPlan 24/7 is the solution that will enable cost reductions for the entire healthcare ecosystem – health plans, employers, groups, members and providers – while ensuring 24/7 access to quality healthcare in the most efficient and appropriate care setting.”
“The concept was the same when I co-founded the MinuteClinic,” said Dr. Smith, chief medical officer, Consult A Doctor, who is also credited as the founder of the retail clinic business model. “The goal of the retail clinic business model was to offer the highest quality care in a medically appropriate setting to keep patients healthy while keeping costs low and sustainable. Telemedicine is the natural evolution of that idea.”
TeleCare 3.0 Platform
Powered by Consult A Doctor’s TeleCare 3.0 cloud-based platform, MyHealthPlan 24/7 gives payer organizations the freedom to improve access and convenience for members while reaping a significant revenue benefit. The highly scalable TeleCare 3.0 platform meets the highest standards for security and HIPAA compliance, is SAS 70 Level II certified and easily integrates with existing systems. The platform also includes the following:
• Telemedicine platform and communication center
• Marketing and patient enrollment website
• EMR and clinical tools
• Online scheduling and secure messaging
• Mobile application, phone, online and video consults
• Patient portal and Personal Health Manager
• 24/7 Doctor On-Call Hotline for patients
• Request and refill e-Prescription and eLabs
• Online Personal Health Record
• Health library and wellness tools
MyHealthPlan 24/7 is the latest addition to a series of cloud-based telemedicine solutions from Consult A Doctor designed to improve access for patients while opening new revenue streams for providers and reducing costs for employers and insurers. In February 2012 at HIMSS12 in Las Vegas, Consult A Doctor announced the availability of MyHospital 24/7, a revolutionary platform that allows hospitals and health systems to offer fast, affordable access to physicians or to Consult A Doctor’s national network of physicians via phone, secure email, video or mobile app.
About Consult A Doctor
Consult A Doctor is the leading innovator of cloud-based telemedicine services and technology platform solutions empowering organizations to lower healthcare costs, provide revolutionary access and improve outcomes. With years of experience delivering direct-to-employer and consumer telemedicine services that offer convenient 24/7 access to doctor consultations by phone, email and video, Consult a Doctor has saved employers millions of dollars in unnecessary healthcare costs. Its telemedicine network of U.S. board certified physicians in all 50 states has made it possible to give on-demand care, anytime, anywhere with access to medically-equivalent care in the lowest cost setting. Consult A Doctor is further transforming the economic equation of care by partnering with payers, providers, health systems and other organizations to deploy its telemedicine platform solution that grants its members and patients unmatched access to quality care, offers a new revenue source for providers, and lowers costs for health plans, employers and groups. For more information about Consult A Doctor, please visit www.consultadr.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-688-DOCT (3628).