The Beacon Partners 2012 State of ICD-10 Survey will be conducted electronically in booth #3926
LAS VEGAS, NV – February 21, 2012 –Healthcare management consulting firm, Beacon Partners, will invite healthcare professionals attending the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference and Exhibition to participate in “The State of ICD-10” survey that focuses on current state of readiness among healthcare organizations. The Beacon Partners “2012 State of ICD-10 Survey” will be conducted live, electronically in booth #3926 at HIMSS12, February 20-24 at the Venetian Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, NV.
“On October 1, 2013, the entire US healthcare system will make the largest transition many of us will ever see,” explains Christine Kalish, Beacon Partners Executive Consultant. “With the amount of debate surrounding ICD-10 throughout all levels of the healthcare industry, we would like to gauge the perspective and opinions of healthcare organizations on this important issue and share it with the community.”
The survey consists of six key questions to gauge readiness:
· How would you rate your organization’s sense of urgency regarding ICD-10 implementation?
· Has your organization prepared an impact analysis to determine how the change to ICD-10 will affect your organization?
· Rate the impact of each of the following ICD-10 implementation issues based on your impact analysis or best estimate. [Loss of productivity during implementation; Loss of productivity after implementation; Total implementation cost; Cost of updating or replacing practice IT systems; Cost of additional staff training; Reimbursement]
· What is your greatest challenge with the conversion to ICD-10?
· Which of the following best describes your organization’s current ICD-10 implementation status?
· Of the items mentioned below [ICD-10; Meaningful Use Stage 1 & 2; ACO development; HIE planning; EHR implementation; Optimization of clinical systems], what is your organization’s top concern in 2012?
All participants in the Beacon Partners State of ICD-10 survey will be entered to win an iPad2®, or one of two American Express® $100 gift cards.
Real-time results of the poll will be displayed on monitors in Beacon Partners’ booth during HIMSS12. Final results will be made available shortly after the conference.
About Beacon Partners
As one of the largest healthcare management consulting firms, Beacon Partners is chosen by organizations in the healthcare community to provide advisory services to improve overall operational, clinical and financial performance with the adoption of information technology. With their strategic approach and depth of experience, Beacon Partners is uniquely qualified to help organizations navigate the challenges in healthcare and optimize their potential to deliver the highest possible level of patient care. For more information, please visit http://www.beaconpartners.com/ <http://www.beaconpartners.com/>