Live product demonstrations and client case presentations to showcase how providers can enhance patient flow, increase efficiency, and improve asset management and availability
LAS VEGAS, HIMSS Conference, Booth 3412 – Feb. 21, 2012 – Awarepoint Corporation, the leading provider of real-time location system (RTLS) solutions for healthcare, today launched the new version of its aware360°Suite of real-time location system solutions at the HIMSS Annual Conference and Exhibition. Through live demonstrations and client case studies at booth #3412, the company will showcase aware360°Suite,the industry’s only complete RTLS solution that optimizes healthcare workflow, increases care team efficiency, and improves asset management and availability.
“Today’s hospitals and health systems are asked to do more with less, yet the biggest revenue-generating departments – emergency, surgery, cardiovascular, and oncology – can all be adversely impacted by the lack of real-time visibility of critical assets,” said Jay Deady, CEO of Awarepoint. “It is becoming all too clear that the ineffective utilization of high-value assets has a significant negative effect on clinical and patient care, not to mention process workflow. That’s why we are excited to introduce the new version of our flagship solution at the healthcare technology industry’s premier conference. The aware360°Suite expands the visibility and management of facility assets to dramatically increase top-line revenue growth without compromising quality of care.”
Awarepoint’s aware360°Suite translates real-time data into actionable intelligence by enabling hospitals and health systems to monitor the location of patients, staff, and assets. Users also can aggregate that information with their scheduling systems and electronic health records to improve operating efficiency, reduce costs, enhance equipment workflow, and augment staff productivity across their enterprise.
Recent enhancements to the aware360°Suite allow administrators and care providers to advance the quality, efficiency, experience, and economics of healthcare. The aware360°Suite modules include:
- awareAssets – enables organizations to locate and manage assets, monitor temperature and humidity, reduce shrinkage and rentals, increase equipment utilization, and track sterilization of instrument trays.
- awarePatientCare – facilitates patient flow by expediting communication about the patient’s care plan and condition, ensuring awareness of roadblocks in care, and supporting data analysis to drive process improvement.
- awareCareTeam – improves communication and care coordination by simplifying the process of locating care team members; also integrates with communication systems to streamline synchronization of personnel.
- awareSurgical – measures location, movement and interactions between patients, staff and equipment to identify and communicate care milestones, help staff anticipate and manage their workflow, and streamline perioperative patient flow.
- awareED – helps hospital staff visualize care progression of patients in the emergency department, simplifies access to patient information and improves ED throughput.
- awareRadiology – leverages location tracking and workflow rules and interfaces with scheduling systems to move patients efficiently through their procedure.
- awareHandHygiene – captures information and generates reports, enabling facilities to ensure hand hygiene compliance by physicians, nurses and other employees to reduce preventable infections caused poor hand washing and food handling practices.
Also being unveiled this week is Awarepoint’s bed-level accurate sensor, the S3B. “Ninety percent of all workflow milestones are driven by patient-staff interactions that occur at the bedside and the S3B allows us to detect those interactions with 100% certainty,” says Awarepoint’s CTO Matt Perkins. “Working in concert with our room-level accurate S2C workflow sensor, we can drive any aware360 Suit module and be confident that the care path is automated without error.” Awarepoint is wrapping up technical trials this quarter and expects to make the S3B generally available later this year.
Live booth demonstrations of Awarepoint’s aware360°Suite will be available throughout the conference showcasing how the solutions increase patient throughput and increase capacity management. In addition, attendees can register for a live demonstration with an Awarepoint representative for a chance to win an iPad 2.
On Wednesday, Feb. 22, HIMSS conference participants can attend in-booth presentations from Awarepoint clients. The presenters will describe how they were able to achieve unprecedented outcomes and hard return on investment. Lawrence Grossflam, director, clinical systems, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Gregg Stepp, director, supply chain operations, Texoma Medical Center will be sharing their stories in a panel presentation at 4:00 p.m. Attendees can R.S.V.P. here.
For screen shot of the new version of aware360°Suite, please click http://www.flickr.com/photos/74049452@N04/6910917807/in/photostream.
Awarepoint provides the only complete RTLS solution optimizing healthcare workflow for improving asset management and availability, optimal patient flow, and increasing care team efficiency.
The company’s aware360°Suite provides unmatched real-time location system (RTLS) technology, best-in-class software, and fully managed services for the healthcare enterprise. By improving asset, patient, and personnel visibility across the enterprise, the aware360°Suite allows administrators and care providers to advance the Quality, Efficiency, Experience, and Economics of care. For more information, visit www.awarepoint.com/.