Leaders in ground-breaking technology, science and medicine take the San Francisco health tech scene by storm, at Practice Fusion’s second annual free conference, Connect 2011, held at the Masonic Center in San Francisco on November 11, 2011. Peter Thiel, Daniel Kraft and Alan Cooper will speak at the sold out event, but media credentials are still available. Don’t miss out! Farzad Mostshari, MD, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology with the HHS, will be speaking via live teleconference.
The live simulcast event can be streamed at www.practicefusion.com/connect. The community is invited to submit their questions for Thiel and Dr. Mostashari and follow the conversation during the event using #pfconnect on Twitter.
Record attendance is expected for Practice Fusion’s annual conference with speakers including Peter Thiel, Farzad Mostashari, Daniel Kraft and Alan Cooper.
San Francisco, CA – October 11, 2011 – Practice Fusion, the fastest growing EMR community in the US, today announced that their second annual free conference, Connect 2011, is sold out. Held at the Masonic Center in San Francisco on November 11, 2011, the event will feature keynote speakers including Ryan Howard, Peter Thiel, Alan Cooper and Daniel Kraft, MD. Farzad Mostashari, MD, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology with the Department of Health and Human Services, will be speaking via live teleconference.
In response to the record number of registrations, Practice Fusion has arranged to simulcast the event live online at www.practicefusion.com/connect. The community is invited to submit their questions for Thiel and Dr. Mostashari and follow the conversation during the event using #PFConnect on Twitter. Media should email email@example.com to inquire about press passes.
“This is a pivotal moment for health technology,” said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. “The conversation at Connect 2011 will focus on how far we’ve come and where we go from here. Practice Fusion will set the agenda for health innovation with input from our medical community and the sector’s most creative minds.”
Just four years after launching the free, web-based Electronic Medical Record system, the company now serves over 100,000 medical professionals and 22 million patients. Practice Fusion adds around two million patients to the system each month.
Practice Fusion has scheduled the following speakers to provide insight during this time of transition in the health sector:
- Peter Thiel – Thiel is known worldwide as a visionary for futuristic ideas in science and technology. As co-founder and CEO of PayPal, he revolutionized online commerce for 100 million people. Thiel was also an early investor in Facebook and today funds companies that are changing the world including Space Exploration Technologies and Practice Fusion. BusinessWeek named Thiel one of the top 25 most influential people on the web.
- Farzad Mostashari, MD, ScM – Dr. Mostashari serves as National Coordinator for Health Information Technology with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. He is among the first developers of real-time electronic disease surveillance systems and leads national programs promoting the adoption of health technology.
- Daniel Kraft, MD – Dr. Kraft is a Stanford- and Harvard-trained physician-scientist with over 20 years of experience in clinical practice, biomedical research and innovation. Dr. Kraft chairs the Medicine track for Singularity University and is Executive Director and curator for FutureMed, a program which explores convergent, exponentially developing technologies and their potential in biomedicine and healthcare. He is also a TED and TEDMED speaker.
- Alan Cooper – Cooper is recognized for his role in humanizing technology through his groundbreaking work in software design. Called the “Father of Visual Basic,” Cooper is the author of several books on technology. As founder of Cooper, a leading interaction design consultancy, he created the Goal-Directed® design methodology and pioneered the use of personas as practical interaction design tools.
- Ryan Howard – Howard founded Practice Fusion in 2005. Using his background in technology, health IT and business, he created a completely new approach to Electronic Medical Records. Practice Fusion is now the fastest growing EMR in the country and Howard exemplifies a new breed of health IT leaders revolutionizing the doctor’s office.
Practice Fusion Connect brings together doctors, medical professionals, health IT experts, business leaders, investors and reporters to discuss the future of Electronic Medical Record technology. While the event is sold out, there is a waitlist available for registration at www.practicefusion.com/connect.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record(EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 100,000 users serving 22 million patients. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.