Free, web-based Electronic Medical Record system shares mobile roadmap with focus on native iPhone, Android and iPad applications for doctors, nurses and medical professionals.
San Francisco – September 27, 2011 – Practice Fusion, the fastest growing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system in the US, debuted a prototype today of its native iOS mobile application for the iPhone at the Health 2.0 conference in San Francisco. Practice Fusion currently has iPhone and Android applications in private beta testing. The mobile solutions will provide a free, lightweight and secure way for medical professionals to stay connected on the go and mark another step in the company’s aggressive mobile strategy.
“Doctors love mobile technology. An estimated 80 percent of physicians have smartphones,” said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. “This prototype is the next step we promised our mobile-hungry medical community. Soon, our doctors will access their free EMR accounts anytime, anywhere securely with a free iPhone app.”
- The iOS and Android applications will give medical providers secure mobile access to records anywhere they have cell or WiFi reception using a free Practice Fusion EMR account.
- The applications will function as a mobile medical office for viewing patient charts, reviewing lab results, responding to prescription refill requests, HIPAA-compliant messaging and contacting patients.
- The first public release of Practice Fusion’s native iOS and Android applications is planned for early 2012.
- The native mobile applications will be offered entirely free, just like the company’s EMR system.
- Practice Fusion users can also choose to connect to their EHR account through a mobile or tablet device using the existing affordable LogMeIn solution.
- Practice Fusion’s free, web-based EMR currently has over 100,000 medical professional users serving 20 million patients.
Mobile devices have become a popular hardware choice in the medical community thanks to portability and access to real-time health information. Only in the last few years have medical providers been able to chart, order labs and e-prescribe anytime, anywhere, with the convenience granted by web-based technology. From house call doctors to telemedicine practitioners, new medical practice models can rely on Practice Fusion’s web-based platform to perform in the office or on the move.
Healthcare providers interested in Practice Fusion’s free EMR can sign up online in seconds at www.practicefusion.com.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EMR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EMR community in the country with more than 100,000 users serving 20 million patients. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.