In it’s latest Occupational Outlook Handbook, the Bureau of Labor Statistics provides a very optimistic jobs creation outlook for current and potential Healthcare IT professionals. According to the Website:
- Employment is expected to grow much faster than the average.
- Job prospects should be very good, particularly for technicians with strong computer software skills.
- Entrants usually have an associate degree.
- This is one of the few health-related occupations in which there is no direct hands-on patient care.
Below are links to the specific sections of the report – if you’d like the PDF version, you can find it here.
Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Nature of the Work
- Training, Other Qualifications, and Advancement
- Job Outlook
- Related Occupations
- Sources of Additional Information