GE Healthcare, who today announced the successful completion of interoperability testing at the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Europe 2011 Connectathon in Pisa, Italy. During the week long event, April 11-15, 2011, GE Healthcare demonstrated the interoperability of its standards-based eHealth and imaging solutions with more than 130 healthcare IT systems from industry vendors.
GE Healthcare’s eHealth Solutions Achieve Industry Connectivity Certifications
GE Healthcare IT, a leading provider of health information technologies, announces the successful completion of interoperability testing at the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Europe 2011 Connectathon in Pisa, Italy. During the weeklong event, April 11-15, 2011, GE Healthcare demonstrated the interoperability of its standards-based eHealth and imaging solutions with more than 130 healthcare IT systems from industry vendors.
The IHE Europe Connectathon provides interoperability and connectivity testing of health information systems in an effort to improve patient care by promoting the adoption of industry standards among healthcare IT vendors and users. Sixty-four companies and more than 300 engineers from across Europe participated in the event, which tested 130 health information systems.
GE Healthcare successfully completed testing requirements for 16 IHE profiles and 27 profile actor pairs with the following solutions:
- eHealth Information Exchange: The platform for GE’s Health Information Exchange (HIE) solution was validated as an XDS Registry and Repository. This test ensures that the HIE can more readily expand using the industry standards to expedite interconnection.
- Centricity Enterprise Archive 4.x: Consolidating data and images from different departments across the enterprise into a single repository, Centricity Enterprise Archive 4.x was validated as an XDS-I.b Imaging Document Source.
- Centricity PACS 3.x: Offering numerous IHE capabilities, Centricity PACS 3.x was validated in RAD-69 DICOM-enabled Web services as an XDS-I.b Image Document Consumer with an integrated Diagnostic Imaging Review workflow.
- SenoBright Contrast Enhanced Spectral Mammography: GE’s innovative contrast-enhanced mammography images and interfaces were validated with the Mammography Image Profile and the departmental Scheduled Workflow.
- 3D Tomosynthesis Mammography: GE’s enhanced 3D Breast Tomosynthesis imaging interfaces were verified through the IHE Mammography Image profile.
“Connecting fragmented clinical information is one of the most critical problems in healthcare today. Clinical terminology and systems architecture varies widely between providers, healthcare organizations and IT vendors, making the interoperability of health IT systems very challenging,” says Earl Jones, Vice President and General Manager of GE Healthcare’s eHealth Solutions. “GE Healthcare has a history of interoperability innovation with our comprehensive suite of eHealth solutions, diagnostic imaging, PACS and clinical information system offerings. We are proud to demonstrate the success of our standards-based solutions and set a new bar for interoperability at the IHE Connectathon.”
GE Healthcare’s eHealth Information Exchange and eHealth Image Exchange are also on display at the World of Health IT Conference & Exhibition in Budapest, Hungary, May 10-12, 2011 in booth #225.
*Centricity is a registered trademark of General Electric Company.
ABOUT GE HEALTHCARE:
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.