Practice Fusion, the fastest growing EHR community in the country onboarding 350 new users each day, announced today passing 10 million patients served through it’s web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. The announcement follows news of the $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund earlier this month.
Free, web-based Electronic Health Record system now the single largest EHR community; with 80,000 medical professional users serving over 10 million patients nationwide
San Francisco, CA – April 26, 2010 – Practice Fusion, the fastest growing EHR community in the US, announced that it now serves more than 10 million patients and 80,000 medical professionals through its web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) platform. Focused on delivering free technology to small medical practices, the company is adding 350 new users each day and supports over a quarter million patient visits a week. The announcement follows news of the $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund earlier this month.
Now onboarding one million patients each month, Practice Fusion has outpaced other innovative, web-based EHR communities including Kaiser (8.7 million patients), the Veteran’s Administration (7.9 million) and Denmark’s national EHR system (5.5 million).
“With the largest EHR community in the country, we’re creating a revolution for small medical practices,” said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. “Widespread EHR adoption has been slowed down by the failed model of legacy vendors. Technology that was previously only available to doctors at large health organizations such as Kaiser and the VA is now available to every doctor in the US for free.”
In addition to the 10 million patient milestone in 2011, the company:
- Closed a $23 million Series B round of financing for the Electronic Health Record system, led by Founders Fund earlier this month.
- Continues to provide a complete EHR solution with charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, unlimited support for medical professionals such as Dr. Michael West, an endocrinologist in Washington D.C., and house-call nurse practitioner Raymond Zakhari in New York
- Brings the iPad EHR solution to doctors nationwide including Dr. Todd Falls, a podiatrist in Birmingham, Alabama
- Provides an ad-supported business model offering physicians the best technology available at zero cost to them. Ads from Practice Fusion never interrupt the practitioner’s workflow
- Celebrates nearly triple digit growth over past 12 months. See the infographic about Practice Fusion’s growth
- Connects a doctor-patient community larger than the population of Sweden, Austria and Italy
Actionable health information exchange between patients, providers and hospitals is the critical next step towards solving the problem of rising healthcare costs in the US by reducing duplication of services and preventing medical errors. Health systems such as the Veteran’s Administration and Kaiser have demonstrated how a web-based EHR system can connect doctors and patients. Now, Practice Fusion provides a free, unifying platform so every physician in the country can more easily track vital health information for chronic conditions, collaborate with colleagues, and increase their focus on preventative medicine.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based Electronic Health Record (EHR) system to physicians. With charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, billing, lab integrations, referral letters, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion’s EHR addresses the complex needs of today’s healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing EHR community in the country with more than 80,000 users serving 10 million patients. The company closed a $23 million Series B round of financing led by Founders Fund in April 2011. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit practicefusion.com.