Tampa Bay’s Largest Community-based Health System has more than 150 Providers Live on eClinicalWorks Comprehensive Electronic Health Records Solution
WESTBOROUGH, Mass. and CLEARWATER, Fla.—February 21, 2011—eClinicalWorks®, a market leader in ambulatory clinical systems, and BayCare Health System, the largest community-based health system in the Tampa Bay area, today announced that they have partnered to provide eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) solution to BayCare’s approximately 3,000 physicians.
BayCare provides physicians with the support necessary for the solution to be successful and to help improve patient care. BayCare has a dedicated team of professionals who help physicians throughout the eClinicalWorks implementation process – from workflow to IT infrastructure and training. With an in-depth knowledge of the eClinicalWorks product and the ability to provide practices with face-to-face support, BayCare ensures that physicians do not have to go through the EHR process alone.
“BayCare is committed to delivering superior patient care and ensuring that our clinicians and providers have all the tools necessary to make this possible,” said Bruce Flareau, MD, Chief Medical Informatics Officer and Vice President of Physician Alignment at BayCare Health System. “Teaming with eClinicalWorks enables us to improve communication among our providers and between the practices and our patients while also having immediate, 24 x 7 access to charts, tests and discharge information – when and where the clinicians need it.”
As part of this relationship, many physician practices are taking advantage of eClinicalWorks’ fast-track implementation, which brings practices live in eight to 12 weeks from contract signing. BayCare is also utilizing eClinicalWorks Electronic Health eXchange (eEHX) which interfaces with BayCare’s in-patient Cerner EHR system. eEHX is available to all practices in the BayCare network at the time of deployment and provides a longitudinal view of patient records, showing a patient’s medical history in a simple format, and eClinicalWorks P2P referral management.
“eClinicalWorks has a proven track record in successfully deploying hospital communities, providing a comprehensive electronic health record solution that is ideal for use in most ambulatory settings,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “The Software as a Service model shows great advantages in producing fast and successful deployments, and our investment into our private cloud infrastructure allows increased reliability. We look forward to helping BayCare Health System make communication between practices seamless.”
“BayCare is leading the way in the Tampa Bay area by integrating physicians’ office EMR with the hospitals’ EMR system,” said Brian Hale, MD of Urology Specialists of West Florida. “By teaming with eClinicalWorks, BayCare is able to provide myself and other physicians with a top notch EMR solution and superior training and support to implement the system.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution BayCare Health System will implement the following:
- eClinicalWorks EMR enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
- eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet.
- eBO® performs clinical and financial analytics;
- eClinicalMobile® permits BayCare Health System’s physicians to access the system at any time through their smart phone;
- eClinicalMessenger® acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements;
- eClinicalWorks P2P™ provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment; and
- eEHX® serves as a hub to provide physicians with improved access to patients’ health information and allow them to exchange data more effectively with each other and with BayCare Health System’s Cerner in-patient EMR system.
Through a business relationship with Dell, BayCare and eClinicalWorks can support clients’ hardware or networking installation.
About BayCare Health System
BayCare Health System is a leading community-based health system in the Tampa Bay area. Composed of a network of 10 not-for-profit hospitals, outpatient facilities and services such as imaging, lab, behavioral health and home health care, BayCare provides expert medical care throughout a patient’s lifetime.
With more than 219 access points conveniently located throughout Tampa Bay, BayCare connects patients to a complete range of preventive, diagnostic and treatment services for any health care need. The extraordinary health care professionals across the BayCare network seek to advance the health of their patients and their communities by setting the standard for compassionate care that respects the dignity of every individual. For more information, visit www.baycare.org.